E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

PLEASE HELP - Halogen to LCI

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PLEASE HELP - Halogen to LCI

Hi Guys,

I know this has been covered before but I thought out of desperation it would be best for me to post this with a slightly different HELP request.

My 2007 E60 535d was upgraded to the LCI Halogen headlamps by a chap based in Bristol, (Stewart) who came highly recommended. I paid the guy for his time etc and all went really well, I was on my way back home after several hours of installation with LCI halogen headlamps.

Stewart cut off the original plug to the original Hologen headlamps and installed the correct one that fits the new LCI headlamp, looks like a conbination of a relay and resistors was part of his installation...

SO NOW, after several months of it all being well, I now get bulb out warning on the idrive, Angel eyes now not working.

I opened up the bonnet, took a look and found 2 x burnt out resistors!
I have called Stewart who now tells me that he cant help me as he does not do the installations any more, what a complete mess! Seems like he has just walked away from the modification and some sort / level of responsibility to his clients......I was hoping he would help and I was happy to drive the 100 miles to get to him

It actually doesn't look that complicated, I just want to get my angel eyes back etc.
Is there ANYONE who can do a fresh installation, happy to pay!

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Neil.