E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pictures of my 545i with the M Aero Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question, it looks like you never had PDC to begin with, now that you have the sensors for it did you get the PDC to work so that it comes up in the iDrive?

Peace
Old 03-28-2005, 05:33 PM
Members

damn your car looks perfect i hope you enjoy it man
Old 03-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i titanium silver, sport package, premium package.

Nice, but I noticed the new parts have a different colour.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by heezy545i' date='Mar 28 2005, 05:45 AM
Looks good and I agree that the m-tech rear just goes with the kit.

BTW, what is the fix for the hood?
[snapback]107744[/snapback]

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Mar 28 2005, 07:06 AM
Rody.? Our cars match...?

I have that exact same gap in front bumper.? How do I fix?? Thanks in advance.
[snapback]107751[/snapback]

I am going to use one of the pictures that Garehaan posted from his car to show what I believe is the reason for the gap between the bumper and the hood (I hope you don't mind Garehaan ). If you look in this picture you can see two metal mounting brackets:

Notice how the brackets are seated within the black foam where the bottom surface of the brackets look flush with the bottom surface of the black foam. This is how it should be, but when I mounted the brackets the black foam was pushing the front edge of the brackets down at about a 20 degree angle (you can sort of see this in the picture of my car below). Since the brackets are mounted on a plastic piece they do twist or flex up a bit when pushed, but the bottom surface of the brackets where the bumper attaches to still ended up being lower by a about the thickness of the bracket itself. This made putting on the bumper a lot harder, and once it was on it was forced to sit a little lower than it should.

When I first installed my front bumper I had forgotten to install these brackets and I only found them after a cleanup of the garage. The next day I checked the bumper and it seemed pretty secure even without the brackets, but I decided to put them on anyway. So I removed the bumper and put the brackets in and re-installed the bumper (with great difficulty since the brackets were wedged between the black foam and the bumper). This is when i noticed that the gap between the hood was more than it used to be when I did not have the brackets on.

So when I get a chance I will remove the bumper again and cutout the black foam so that the brackets sit flush with the bottom surface of the foam. The frustrating thing is that I almost did that to begin with when I first installed the brackets and noticed that thery were sitting too low, but thought that I would try it that way and see how it goes.

Adjusting the hood latch or the rubber bumpers may decrease the gap, but it will also change the alignment of the hood with the fenders. Since the problem was created when the new bumper was installed it's the bumper that has to be raised, not the hood lowered.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Mar 28 2005, 05:46 AM
Really Great pictures

What camera you using ?
[snapback]107745[/snapback]

Canon S40
Old 03-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CMachado' date='Mar 28 2005, 05:55 AM
Great pictures
Looks great
Please help me find where I can buy same m aero kit
I am thinking to buy AC Schitner? kit but does not look as? nice
mine is 545i saphire black
Respecfully
[snapback]107746[/snapback]

As someone mentioned any BMW dealer should be able to get it for you. You can also find it on eBay as well as some auto accessories stores here in the US.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Members

love the car, hate the shirt
Old 03-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by arnolds' date='Mar 28 2005, 07:13 AM
Very nice.? What was the total cost and where did you have the parts installed?
[snapback]107755[/snapback]

Originally Posted by Asahi' date='Mar 28 2005, 07:46 AM
Wow...so nice.?
How much did that setup cost at the dealer.? I think your car looks amazing!

I'm buying a 545i now and might have the dealer put that kit on before delivery.

Thanks for any info.
[snapback]107765[/snapback]

The Primed kit lists for $1909 at the dealers. I got mine for just under $1700 and I have also heard about other dealers selling it for $1700. Someone on this board posted that you can get the same kit from EUROREV.COM for $1500 plus $125 for shipping. If you live in the Los Angeles area you could pick it up from them and not pay shipping charges. One thing that is good about ordering it at the dealer is that they use your VIN to order the kit and BMW sends the parts that match your car's configuration. For example, my kit did not come with the small panel for the Active Cruise Control sensor because BMW knew from my VIN number that my car does not have ACC. I don't know whether the accessory stores like Eurorev.com use the VIN number to order or whether they order the generic kit.

I got quotes of anywhere between $450 to $1000 for painting the kit. I ended up choosing a body shop that did all the cars for a BMW dealership and paid $800. I am sure that you can get it done for less, but I did not like the work of any of the shops that had lower quotes, so I chose that one.

I did the installation myself, so it was free.

I had the part number for the pre-painted kit and asked my parts advisor to place an order using that part number, but BMW said that they don't ship large parts like this pre-painted to the US. The only option through the dealer was to get the primed kit. When I first placed the order for my kit I assumed that I would only have to pay about $400 for painting, which would have ended up being about $800 less (kit+painting) than getting the pre-painted kit through some eBay dealers. However, I think some people here were able to order the painted kit for less than what I had seen on eBay. So if I were to do it again I may have just ordered the factory pre-painted kit. If it were only a couple of hundred dollars difference it would be worth getting the kit painted in Munich and not have to deal with body shops here.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Mar 28 2005, 07:23 AM
WoW? ?

Nice?

P.S: I like your polo shirt too..?
[snapback]107763[/snapback]

Thanks......but it wasn't really a polo shirt.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' date='Mar 28 2005, 07:07 PM
I have a question, it looks like you never had PDC to begin with, now that you have the sensors for it did you get the PDC to work so that it comes up in the iDrive?

Peace
[snapback]107991[/snapback]

Thanks for bringing to my attention that I did not have PDC listed in my sig. ...I will add it now .................Actually the car has factory PDC.

There is a PDC "retrofit kit" in the parts CD. If it is truly a retrofit kit and not an accessory add-on then I assume it will show up on iDrive.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my 545i with the M Aero Kit