E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Picked up my "Simon-IZED" Euro Headlights yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Hello all,

I'm not gunna go into too much detail as many of you may be following Simon and umichchris' threads regarding Ehssan's "blackout" so here it goes.

I got a KILLER deal on a set of EURO headlights that I couldnt pass up so I decided to put the LCI mod on the backburner for just a tad bit longer and maybe this will appease my itch for a new look for the meantime. In the process of literally doing the FINAL WIPEDOWN Simon had stumbled upon what we both feel was a blessing in disguise. Somehow the silver/ chrome paint of the Euro reflector started to peal off so were presented with the dilemma of pealing it off completely or attempting to paint it back on, but i said screw it and peal i all off and then paint over it. What we came to realize was that it ended up looking really nice as you can still see the indents and grooves of the euro reflector, but now it is black.

With that said, my already retrofitted multi colored pre Lci Bi- Xenon W/ adaptive functions are now taken off and available. Im taking offers =) I MISS THE RED

OK now for the mods done to the lights
  • ORION V2 single colored
  • white eyebrow mod
  • black out the entire inside
  • 3") ZKW-R clear lens
  • frosted the eybrow portion
  • welcome light for the orions AND the eyebrows this time
new Coded options
  • double tap hazard light
  • some weird crazy brake light blinker that only occurs when you deress the brake pedal extra hard
  • disable door gong
now for the pics

And thank you I-5 for your mod contribution. I lost my CF splitter on the freeway. I guess over time the prolonged stress form the high speed expeienced on the freeways eventually killed the contacts. At first I thought I ran over a blown tire and then when I looked in my rear view mirror I saw my splitter get run over by the car behind me and the car behind him. LOL ---What ya gunna do??. I was going like 95mph and it was about 102 in the middle of nowhere so I said peace out to the run down splitter. I took this pic at the next available exit. I feel like my front end is friggin naked now. Time to find a splitter.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

JR, we miss you here on the east coast!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

JR, it was super awesome for you to trek down in the middle of the night. So glad we started working on it at 3:30AM, lol.

To the forum members, the headlights can only be truly admired with your eyes. The clear lens is gorgeous. If you look at the lens at angles not straight on (cuz it's too bright with low beams on), you can actually see the bulb behind it. It's crazy!

Also, to add to what JR said. The reflector is actually clear, but the silver piece behind if painted black. So while you can see that it's clear, due to the black behind it, at a distant, it looks like it blends right into the turn signal piece. Very nifty I have to say!

Last thing, JR and I found out a way to turn his car into a party vehicle. Evidently, there is a strobe light mode with these set of headlights. It's perfect for inducing epilepsy.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Contributors

How does the frosted eyebrows look at night? Post pics.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Senior Members

congrats on the new headlights jr i heard all about the adventure of installing your new headlights...
damn i guess simon was pretty booked up yesterday... got mine done as well thanks simon!
sorry about your splitter jr :thumbsdown:
amazing headlights tho
here is mine from yesterday LCI BABY!!!
Attached Thumbnails Picked up my "Simon-IZED"  Euro Headlights yesterday-post-49431-039277700-1311914045_thumb.jpg   Picked up my "Simon-IZED"  Euro Headlights yesterday-post-49431-084064400-1311914054_thumb.jpg  
Old 07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Great job Simon and JR, Ooh-rah!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Senior Members

Aw man I'm uber jealous Damn I was hoping to be the first in us money issues I guess put a stop to that I guess oh well still cant wait till Simon gets his hands on mine
Old 07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i M SPORT - 6 SPEED MANUAL

WHAT! Those lights look SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

DAMN!! Looks amazing!! I wish I still lived in SoCal. I can't find anyone in the Pacific NW to install my Orions.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Members

That's freakin sweet. I changed out my angel eyes to 5 watt bulbs and they look great at night but I can't even tell they're on in the day time. Will the Orion's work on my car, 2005 BMW 525i?

Quick Reply: Picked up my "Simon-IZED" Euro Headlights yesterday