E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are you doing for processing?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='422192' date='May 8 2007, 08:19 AM
What are you doing for processing?

ALPINE PXA-H701 im also running the ALPINE PRO-HUB and an ALPINE TME-M740BT 7" LCD molded in to the front.

3 Alpine PDX amps customized elevated false floor in the trunk without loosing my spare and a custom built subwoofer box tuned to 60-70hz force pushing all the base in to the cabin through the ski pass.

All Stinger Expert wiring and distribution blocks. I didn't spare on the best for this system, i already have CDT audio Competition components set in the kicks and doors.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='422220' date='May 8 2007, 10:25 AM
ALPINE PXA-H701 im also running the ALPINE PRO-HUB and an ALPINE TME-M740BT 7" LCD molded in to the front.

3 Alpine PDX amps customized elevated false floor in the trunk without loosing my spare and a custom built subwoofer box tuned to 60-70hz force pushing all the base in to the cabin through the ski pass.

All Stinger Expert wiring and distribution blocks. I didn't spare on the best for this system, i already have CDT audio Competition components set in the kicks and doors.

Anyone else doing something like this?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

I am that is why I asked you about what processor you ar using. are you getting any noise from the H701? I am considering an H900 but then I just read about the imprint processor that is coming out. sends clean signal to amps and has high level inputs. I am running all rainbow components, Hertz subs and Tru amps. My wiring is all ixos exotica and i have a ton of cascade going into the car. Are you running a center channel?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Thats a lot of speakers in such a small area
Old 05-09-2007, 07:09 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by coolguy' post='422407' date='May 8 2007, 10:45 PM
Thats a lot of speakers in such a small area

You have good taste in sounds, i myself like the more engineered driven products. To ask your question my install has not been completed yet, if the install is done properly the PXA H701 should be perfect, of course if you can afford the Alpine f#1 stats h900 processor, go for it, its just way out of most people price range. The new PXAh650 from what im hearing will provide a different type of sound and will be clean as well, Alpine says its just a different machine overall, You can't go wrong with any of these processors.

2nd of all, no, im not running a center channel. 3 way components is the best possible way to go, each speaker is tuned at the right frequency to provide proper sound, subs 30-60 hz it can go from deep to tight bass which is my preferance. 7" midbass on the doors can range from 100-300hz for that extra little punch the 4" midrange 300hz-3.5kh for a smooth transition of vocals and of course the 2" tweeter 3.5 khz-8khz. As you can see this will provide quite a wide range of sound in to the cabin, Kickpannels is the best possible placement for sound, for better sound stage i might add some high end competition DRT-26 tweeters to the pillars giving me a total of 8 speakers in the front and 2 subs in the rear, no rear fill speakers in my set up.

Rainbow platinum are great speakers but out of my pocket range, Tru amps will provide you with good sound quality.

Good luck on your set up, are you using TV-nav, I'm running the alpine Prohub all in to the Alpine TME-m740bt lcd screen.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='422527' date='May 9 2007, 10:09 AM
You have good taste in sounds, i myself like the more engineered driven products. To ask your question my install has not been completed yet, if the install is done properly the PXA H701 should be perfect, of course if you can afford the Alpine f#1 stats h900 processor, go for it, its just way out of most people price range. The new PXAh650 from what im hearing will provide a different type of sound and will be clean as well, Alpine says its just a different machine overall, You can't go wrong with any of these processors.

2nd of all, no, im not running a center channel. 3 way components is the best possible way to go, each speaker is tuned at the right frequency to provide proper sound, subs 30-60 hz it can go from deep to tight bass which is my preferance. 7" midbass on the doors can range from 100-300hz for that extra little punch the 4" midrange 300hz-3.5kh for a smooth transition of vocals and of course the 2" tweeter 3.5 khz-8khz. As you can see this will provide quite a wide range of sound in to the cabin, Kickpannels is the best possible placement for sound, for better sound stage i might add some high end competition DRT-26 tweeters to the pillars giving me a total of 8 speakers in the front and 2 subs in the rear, no rear fill speakers in my set up.

Rainbow platinum are great speakers but out of my pocket range, Tru amps will provide you with good sound quality.

Good luck on your set up, are you using TV-nav, I'm running the alpine Prohub all in to the Alpine TME-m740bt lcd screen.

KU--

FYI

Cascade or all insulators will serve its purpose but SEcond skin was rated better than anyother followed by Dynamat extreme. Good wiring goes along way specially the RCAs' im running all Stinger expert series for my wiring.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='422530' date='May 9 2007, 08:11 AM
KU--
FYI

Cascade or all insulators will serve its purpose but SEcond skin was rated better than anyother followed by Dynamat extreme. Good wiring goes along way specially the RCAs' im running all Stinger expert series for my wiring.
I am and have been a stereo competitor for many years and I have built all my own vehicals. I have run second skin and stinger expert and dynamat and I just put the cascade in my xb and the other products dont even come close. Not to mention second skin and stinger are made in the same build house. As for wire stinger expert are decent they where in my last build I have upgrade quite a bit with the ixos.

I don't have nav in my car I should have got the factory version but I thought I was going to change the HU. but one I realized that I would lose the idrive functions and bluetooth and pdc I need to find a way to use the factory HU. I have not been a big fan of alpine for a few years now but I am really impressed with the possiblities of the pxa h650. only problem with it is not enough channels if I run my center that I plan to run. How did you decide to feed the signal to your H701 from the factory HU? With the Hub are you running the alpine nav, and factory settings though the tme-740?

my midbass is a 7" driver as well. I would change the cross over point run that baby down to 65hz. It will take it all day long. what slopes are you using? I tend to like to work with 6 and 18db.

I wish you lived close I would love to here your car. I would like to share my xB with you since it is done. It is an all dyn system. I am running the system 342 and mw182 for sub stage. Audison LRx 6.9 and 2.4 for amps. HU is the Denon DCT 100 and all ixos wires. The 7's in the doors get down and dirty. I can turn my subs off and people swear that they are still on.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by KU530' post='422787' date='May 9 2007, 10:48 PM
I am and have been a stereo competitor for many years and I have built all my own vehicals. I have run second skin and stinger expert and dynamat and I just put the cascade in my xb and the other products dont even come close. Not to mention second skin and stinger are made in the same build house. As for wire stinger expert are decent they where in my last build I have upgrade quite a bit with the ixos.

I don't have nav in my car I should have got the factory version but I thought I was going to change the HU. but one I realized that I would lose the idrive functions and bluetooth and pdc I need to find a way to use the factory HU. I have not been a big fan of alpine for a few years now but I am really impressed with the possiblities of the pxa h650. only problem with it is not enough channels if I run my center that I plan to run. How did you decide to feed the signal to your H701 from the factory HU? With the Hub are you running the alpine nav, and factory settings though the tme-740?

my midbass is a 7" driver as well. I would change the cross over point run that baby down to 65hz. It will take it all day long. what slopes are you using? I tend to like to work with 6 and 18db.

I wish you lived close I would love to here your car. I would like to share my xB with you since it is done. It is an all dyn system. I am running the system 342 and mw182 for sub stage. Audison LRx 6.9 and 2.4 for amps. HU is the Denon DCT 100 and all ixos wires. The 7's in the doors get down and dirty. I can turn my subs off and people swear that they are still on.
i saw that you have rainbow speakers under the seat. how did you get them to fit? you have any pics of your system.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='422791' date='May 9 2007, 07:59 PM
i saw that you have rainbow speakers under the seat. how did you get them to fit? you have any pics of your system.
still working of the rings I will need to mod them a bit becasue I am putting the Powerline CS midbass under the seat and they are deeper than the my platinum drivers. It is based off of the vanadium subs.

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors