E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426071' date='May 18 2007, 03:45 PM
no the ones i posted TC audio makes really good product, beware of what people tell you.

the two that i posted are some of the best.
TC makes great subs I have always like how they performed but if you want a pure sq sub this is the best that I have ever had, owned, demoed, listented to and enjoyed. This are the pinnicle of performance from a tonality and accuracy stand point. Not the loudest but that is not what they are built for.

Old 05-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='426152' date='May 19 2007, 12:41 AM
TC makes great subs I have always like how they performed but if you want a pure sq sub this is the best that I have ever had, owned, demoed, listented to and enjoyed. This are the pinnicle of performance from a tonality and accuracy stand point. Not the loudest but that is not what they are built for.

i would love to see it battle a tc sound lms series , so called the best sub ever built .....

thats just hawt!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

One thing I have learned about stereos:

If you were to rank the importance of the various components in a stereo for their contribution to overall sound quality, you can basically follow your signal flow chain. The single most important factor is your source material. Next is your source unit. Followed by your processing, amps, and least important... your speakers.

If you start with shitty material, like a compressed MP3, then you will end up with shitty sound quality. Even if you have great processing, and great amps, and great speakers... then you will just have some well processed shit. Either way, it's still shit.

That's why I cringe when I see people talking about changing their speakers, but not their amps. If you put a good amp on a bad speaker, it will still sound good. But if you put a good speaker on a bad amp, it will sound like shit. It might even damage the speaker.

I am sure that some speakers are better than others. But when you consider how insignificant speakers are to the overall sound quality, the arguments over which are best become rather moot.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='426342' date='May 19 2007, 06:32 PM
One thing I have learned about stereos:
If you were to rank the importance of the various components in a stereo for their contribution to overall sound quality, you can basically follow your signal flow chain. The single most important factor is your source material. Next is your source unit. Followed by your processing, amps, and least important... your speakers.
If you start with shitty material, like a compressed MP3, then you will end up with shitty sound quality. Even if you have great processing, and great amps, and great speakers... then you will just have some well processed shit. Either way, it's still shit.

That's why I cringe when I see people talking about changing their speakers, but not their amps. If you put a good amp on a bad speaker, it will still sound good. But if you put a good speaker on a bad amp, it will sound like shit. It might even damage the speaker.

I am sure that some speakers are better than others. But when you consider how insignificant speakers are to the overall sound quality, the arguments become rather moot.
Good point but I look at it this way. Most people 9.5 out of 10 would be runnig good to great amps and processor when you get to this level of speaker so at that point it does make a would of difference in the speaker. mainly their construction. Cheap speaker on a good amp and high end speakers on the same good amp will not perform the same. But yes it all begins witht he source but lets not rule out the importance of high fi speakers. The every day Joe it wont matter but to most of use moving this thread along it does.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='426350' date='May 19 2007, 09:47 PM
Good point but I look at it this way. Most people 9.5 out of 10 would be runnig good to great amps and processor when you get to this level of speaker so at that point it does make a would of difference in the speaker. mainly their construction. Cheap speaker on a good amp and high end speakers on the same good amp will not perform the same. But yes it all begins witht he source but lets not rule out the importance of high fi speakers. The every day Joe it wont matter but to most of use moving this thread along it does.

Boith are extremely good points. I think in order to get a great SQ system, it is necessary to not cut corners, HIfi speakers to top end processors and amplifiers are necessary, not mention a good quality head unit. I myself cut no corners, i bought some fairly decent amps which i beleive the PDX are, got great competition components a great processor and some of the best wiring and dsitribution blocks for the install. I did a dry run today on the system without any tunning the sytem sounded amazing. I can only imagine after it gets tuned with the proper frequencies how it will sound. Hopefully everything will be done by tuesday.

rj
Old 05-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426430' date='May 20 2007, 04:07 AM
Boith are extremely good points. I think in order to get a great SQ system, it is necessary to not cut corners, HIfi speakers to top end processors and amplifiers are necessary, not mention a good quality head unit. I myself cut no corners, i bought some fairly decent amps which i beleive the PDX are, got great competition components a great processor and some of the best wiring and dsitribution blocks for the install. I did a dry run today on the system without any tunning the sytem sounded amazing. I can only imagine after it gets tuned with the proper frequencies how it will sound. Hopefully everything will be done by tuesday.

rj
RJ who is tunning for you. I am going to RTA the car this week to see how the stock set up does before I start my kicks and doors. I am not looking forrward to having to rewrapp the doors to get those 7's in there. the wires are ran car is deadened. Now time to start fabricating.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='426447' date='May 20 2007, 08:45 AM
RJ who is tunning for you. I am going to RTA the car this week to see how the stock set up does before I start my kicks and doors. I am not looking forrward to having to rewrapp the doors to get those 7's in there. the wires are ran car is deadened. Now time to start fabricating.
the people that are doing my install are okay at fabbing and installing the system is set already all wires are done and the processor and hub are mounted upsidedown under the rear deck. They said that everything will be hidden. I'm hoping they remember that i wanted to have my spare tire accessible. In terms of tunning and some other details that i spoke to the installers about they seemed a little lost which kind of worried me a little. I mean i have seen their work in terms of fabbing and was quite impressed but a lot of the equipment im using and some of the stuff im telling them about, they really don't know how to answer so im a little concerned. I guess i might have to have it tuned elsewhere, i just don't know. I wish i had the controller for the PXA h701 most of the feature si can get from the touchscreen which looks really good, but, the time correction will not be accessible without the controller.

Can the tunning be done by ear, i hear is very difficult.

I saw my car again today and boy, i almost teared. It's completely taken apart.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426569' date='May 20 2007, 04:31 PM
the people that are doing my install are okay at fabbing and installing the system is set already all wires are done and the processor and hub are mounted upsidedown under the rear deck. They said that everything will be hidden. I'm hoping they remember that i wanted to have my spare tire accessible. In terms of tunning and some other details that i spoke to the installers about they seemed a little lost which kind of worried me a little. I mean i have seen their work in terms of fabbing and was quite impressed but a lot of the equipment im using and some of the stuff im telling them about, they really don't know how to answer so im a little concerned. I guess i might have to have it tuned elsewhere, i just don't know. I wish i had the controller for the PXA h701 most of the feature si can get from the touchscreen which looks really good, but, the time correction will not be accessible without the controller.

Can the tunning be done by ear, i hear is very difficult.

I saw my car again today and boy, i almost teared. It's completely taken apart.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:33 PM
Senior Members

KU,

how are you doing the doors? I heard its a bitch! Well, at least that's why my guy said, it was very difficult, i do beleive you should have less depth in your speakers which might make it easy, are you fg the whole door and doing something wild or just the the bottom location?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426572' date='May 20 2007, 04:33 PM
KU,

how are you doing the doors? I heard its a bitch! Well, at least that's why my guy said, it was very difficult, i do beleive you should have less depth in your speakers which might make it easy, are you fg the whole door and doing something wild or just the the bottom location?

Nelson, i don't know why anyone would bash the TC sounds they make some very good subs. Not very marketable thats why a lot of people don't know about them, but for the real sound enthusiasts that are more in line with audiophile equipment they should recognize that TC makes some of the best subs.
rj

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors