E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='427245' date='May 22 2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear that you are not happy with how the install is going.
are they atleast trying to make you happy?

It doesnt look bad Nelson, it's just they deviated from the original design without consulting and that really pisses me off. It looks ok, the wiring was a little hechtic but they did do a good job of wiring everything up, i have accessibility to both my factory and my alpine unit as well.
I'm hoping that it will look decent when its all said and done. If the front mold doesnt look good i will try and get KU to fix it for me for a fee. I really trust his work and think if anyone can fix it im sure he can to. Hopefully i won't have to go that route.

rj

Thats a great price on the PHA h650, im just not quite so sure i could do without the extra channel 6 channels vs 8 makes a big difference if you ask me.

Good luck ill keep the pics posted.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

Rj if it does not come out right let me know. I found another H900 so now I have 2 to choose from besides the one from the UK which I have writen off. I have the 2 sellers going so I can get me a good deeal.

I am not sure that I am all that ecited about the h650 it seems cool but not enough channels and I think the only way to visually contorl it is with a pc I think. I need to play with one to see if it is really worth its weight.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

rj
its has 7 outputs. the sub output is mono instead of the h701 which is stereo.
one this I just find out that I don't like is that it only has a 3 band parametric eq.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='427271' date='May 22 2007, 03:38 PM
rj
its has 7 outputs. the sub output is mono instead of the h701 which is stereo.
one this I just find out that I don't like is that it only has a 3 band parametric eq.

I guess it's not that bad, i think it will definately fix your problems Nelson, i will chat with my guy and see if i can get you a better deal on the unit so make sure you text me before you buy it.

KU has a point, being that im running 8 speakers in the front 2 in the rear and my subs i think it probably won't be a good fit for me.
the 3 band EQ in comparison to KU--'s 500 parametric eq points in the H900 its an enormous difference.

all in all i think that might be a more suitable piece for your set up, if not one of the installers from another shop did tell me that 9 times out of 10 it has solved peoples alternator noise.

My guy said my set up was initially picking up noise in the rear fill but when everything was wired accordingly it went away.

Rj
Old 05-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='427267' date='May 22 2007, 03:35 PM
Rj if it does not come out right let me know. I found another H900 so now I have 2 to choose from besides the one from the UK which I have writen off. I have the 2 sellers going so I can get me a good deeal.

I am not sure that I am all that ecited about the h650 it seems cool but not enough channels and I think the only way to visually contorl it is with a pc I think. I need to play with one to see if it is really worth its weight.

Thanks KU, I'll send you a pic and if it doesnt look good and you can tell me if it can be done better, ill send it to you to go along with the pillars and tweeters.

Thank you

rj
Old 05-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

rj,

I'm really confused how am I getting noise and you're not?

did the wire your hub to front factory speaker line outputs?

believe me I wish I could afford thw h900, but totally out of my budget...if it was around $700 to $800 I would buy it.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='427280' date='May 22 2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks KU, I'll send you a pic and if it doesnt look good and you can tell me if it can be done better, ill send it to you to go along with the pillars and tweeters.

Thank you

rj
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/333323958.html

http://www.elitecaraudio.com/forums/showth...threadid=141479

Thats all i could find KU, will keep my eyes open. There is a seller in australia that sells alot of the alpine F1 status.

ill check them out for you.
rj
Old 05-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='427286' date='May 22 2007, 04:06 PM
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/ele/333323958.html

http://www.elitecaraudio.com/forums/showth...threadid=141479

Thats all i could find KU, will keep my eyes open. There is a seller in australia that sells alot of the alpine F1 status.

ill check them out for you.
rj

I should have taken pics of how they wired it.

This is how it was done, i'm not sure where you are getting noise which speakers but mine were independent.

front kickpannels 4" and 2" were ran with Phoenix gold competition wire directly to the PPI arts no noise. The 7" midbass Alpine PDX 4.100 the rear speaker wiring was tapped, meaning its original wiring was tapped in to the PDX amp and there was a 300hz cap that was inserted to filter out frequencies.

The installer told me that the speakers when nothing was hooked up was picking up noise all on its own. He thought that was wild and very weird but its all in the way the signal is set up.

Strange thing is that im using both the factory radio and my system radio all hooked up to the full system and still no noise, maybe when i start driving ill pick up some noise, i hope not but will evaluate at that point.

RJ

We need to get Hamman 5 in the mix, he did a full custom stereo install in suede What!!!!! Yes KU, in Suede ahahahahaha, anyhow his install is very wicked maybe he can shed some light as to why the noise and how we can bypass it.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='427285' date='May 22 2007, 04:03 PM
rj,

I'm really confused how am I getting noise and you're not?

did the wire your hub to front factory speaker line outputs?

believe me I wish I could afford thw h900, but totally out of my budget...if it was around $700 to $800 I would buy it.

H900 is out of this world, there is one for 1100 but thats a lot of money for poor south american like myself lol lol .

KU-- big baller i can only imagine his stereo system when all is said and done.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='427290' date='May 22 2007, 02:15 PM
H900 is out of this world, there is one for 1100 but thats a lot of money for poor south american like myself lol lol .

KU-- big baller i can only imagine his stereo system when all is said and done.
Now Now, I am no baller I just want what I want and I dont cut corners especially since I driving a 50k+ car I feel she deserves to have the finer things in life lol! These car elecrtical systems are a joke. I am not suprised that there is noise present. RJ I am really shocked that you are not getting any that 701 is famous for that plus you have 2 systems in one car. Car has lots of potenital to noise so I am going to mod my HU so that I have a digital output to bypass this issue.

I am not having a good day. I have to resuede my headliner I cut my hand and bled on it and did not notice till it was to late.

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors