E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426879' date='May 21 2007, 03:42 PM
I'm sure she is KU!

how crazy that rainbow distributor is right around the corner from me. How difficult would you think is it to get in to car audio ? It's something i have always wanted to do. Around here in california, car audio is huge and car audio installation shops know it, they don't treat people very well and ramp up pricing beyond beleive not only on product but on installs then when you need their help because of something they did, you are on your own. It's something i have always hated about car shops around.

My guy called me back and said he's an alpine dealer but not F1 status. In order to open f1 status account you need to drop 15k , very expensive to maintain.

i can try and calling the f1 dealers in my area to help you out theres 4 of them im just not sure they will go a lot lower than the suggested pricing.
let me know if i can still help you.

rj

Ku,

my car should be done today woohoo!!! im having an issue they built the center console around my shifter to include the alpine screen mold. My questions is wrap it in vinyl or flat black, i will loose the wood trim but im not sure which route to go help!!!!!!!! my car has been wired to run in both modes the factory stereo and the alpine hub, which means i can still use my CD player woohoo!!!!!

Nelson?
KU--?

Advise please guys!!!

I'm so excited!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426890' date='May 21 2007, 05:16 PM
Ku,

my car should be done today woohoo!!! im having an issue they built the center console around my shifter to include the alpine screen mold. My questions is wrap it in vinyl or flat black, i will loose the wood trim but im not sure which route to go help!!!!!!!! my car has been wired to run in both modes the factory stereo and the alpine hub, which means i can still use my CD player woohoo!!!!!

Nelson?
KU--?

Advise please guys!!!
I'm so excited!
excellent news bro. remember we want pics..lol...tough decision.i personally like vinyl, but I think the molding will look better in black. let me know if you get any noise from the connection to the factory system.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Contributors

sugggestion for tuning the system. if I was you since you live in socal ill check diymobileaudio.com or eca and ask one of them to tune it from you..theres bunch of knowledgeable member that live in your area that also have that processor. I'm think they can probably do a better job than most of the shops and for less money..
Old 05-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='426899' date='May 21 2007, 04:42 PM
excellent news bro. remember we want pics..lol...tough decision.i personally like vinyl, but I think the molding will look better in black. let me know if you get any noise from the connection to the factory system.

We did a test run over the weekend and there is no noise!!!!! woohoo! a little distortion with the alpine hub on stereo mode but i can switch to the bmw stereo to listen to the radio if thats the case.

I had to decide now so i went with Vynil lets hope it looks okay, otherwise i will shoot myself.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Contributors

also an fyi on the f1 line.
I remember reading couple of days ago that alpine was going to discontinue that line this year due to low sales. you should easily find some good deals soon.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='426909' date='May 21 2007, 04:56 PM
also an fyi on the f1 line.
I remember reading couple of days ago that alpine was going to discontinue that line this year due to low sales. you should easily find some good deals soon.

GRRRRR................ They won't be able to finish it today, they got my hopes up for nothing. They will definately finish it tomorrow. They are running out of time and still needed to wrap the side amp covers and put the seats in the back together.

I will definately go and drop by to take a look at the install before they finish.

KU-- thats a good point that Nelson made, i heard the Alpine components are beyond anything we have ever heard. I haven't heard them personally but i know some people that swear they are the best ever built. I can see why alpine can discontinue the line, at whopping thousands of dollars it's just to expensive and the people that can afford them are usually not in to car audio.

KU--- Perhaps your best bet is to wait until they get discontinued and pick up a bunch of stuff at a killer price. That H900 unit is ridiculous, i saw a couple of pics installed and it looks sweet, the controller is out of this world , although i think its a bit large.

rj
Old 05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426930' date='May 21 2007, 05:51 PM
GRRRRR................ They won't be able to finish it today, they got my hopes up for nothing. They will definately finish it tomorrow. They are running out of time and still needed to wrap the side amp covers and put the seats in the back together.

I will definately go and drop by to take a look at the install before they finish.

KU-- thats a good point that Nelson made, i heard the Alpine components are beyond anything we have ever heard. I haven't heard them personally but i know some people that swear they are the best ever built. I can see why alpine can discontinue the line, at whopping thousands of dollars it's just to expensive and the people that can afford them are usually not in to car audio.
KU--- Perhaps your best bet is to wait until they get discontinued and pick up a bunch of stuff at a killer price. That H900 unit is ridiculous, i saw a couple of pics installed and it looks sweet, the controller is out of this world , although i think its a bit large.
rj

KU--

check this link H900

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...ad.php?t=11651
Old 05-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='426932' date='May 21 2007, 06:01 PM

And this one i guess, Steve buwalda bought a processor from this guy

http://www.buwaldahybrids.com/phpBB/viewto...132&start=0
Old 05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

I would paint it flat black like the the cd player slot. I am going to get hectic with this radio. I am sending it in to have an optical output put on it. I have a H900 lined up it is just going to cost me more. I know that the F! line is going away but that wont help with the 900 since it is an older model. Here is some sneak peeks at the suede action going down.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KU530' post='426935' date='May 21 2007, 06:07 PM
I would paint it flat black like the the cd player slot. I am going to get hectic with this radio. I am sending it in to have an optical output put on it. I have a H900 lined up it is just going to cost me more. I know that the F! line is going away but that wont help with the 900 since it is an older model. Here is some sneak peeks at the suede action going down.

those pics are hot.

Quick Reply: Phase 1 Stero system complete :doors