E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Passenger restraint reset using INPA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:22 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this error on my car too, my bmw dealer says it's either something is wrong with the seat belt or the seat sensor... after checking they said itst the seat sensor and it's 2k to replace it -.-! errrrrrrrr...
Old 02-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Members

I reset my passenger restraint fault again today using INPA. It happens once in a while - maybe twice a year. You can do it using the clear memory function in either the first menu option under functional jobs ( you will see the entire car's memory) or under the safety menu. I also have not been able to register my new battery using INPA. I cannot find the power module either.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

That's so weird, when I clear error memory using functional jobs, it remains there.

Now question for you E60COYOTE, when you clear the memory, does it go away immediately? Like the two red icons in the cluster goes away, and iDrive no longer displays the error?

The reason I ask is because when I clear it, that does not happen
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
That's so weird, when I clear error memory using functional jobs, it remains there.

Now question for you E60COYOTE, when you clear the memory, does it go away immediately? Like the two red icons in the cluster goes away, and iDrive no longer displays the error?

Simon, just wondering...were you successful in getting this done?
Old 02-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Contributors

Nope. It's weird because my error doesn't get displayed in functional jobs.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Like I said earlier, it's probably because you don't have the connection in to the some particular module --> no connection --> error.

It might be because of a low voltage, bad plug connection or the module can be actually broken.

- Antti -
Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Like I said earlier, it's probably because you don't have the connection in to the some particular module --> no connection --> error.

It might be because of a low voltage, bad plug connectio or the module can be actually broken.

- Antti -
Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Contributors

I had to disconnect my seat (due to rear vapor/sound barrier rainwater leak) to dry the whole carpet and foam. Didn't bother disconnecting the battery since I needed to use the car from time to time while it is drying. And of course, I got the passenger restraint & airbag errors. Today, I used the functional jobs and it cleared all the errors. The errors and two red icons went away immediately.

As mentioned earlier, maybe your battery voltage is not stable enought to communicate with some of the modules?

Old 03-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Contributors

Humm perhaps. Still haven't had the time to get a load test done for my battery yet to see if it is the battery that needs replacing.

Besides this, I haven't noticed any issue with the battery (starting the car, etc).
Old 03-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Members

Yes, My icons disappeared immediately.

Quick Reply: Passenger restraint reset using INPA?