E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Partial Sponsorship - Adv10 Trak Function

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
These are forged wheels not cast and Adv1 is a very known brand.

http://adv1wheels.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/advance1/

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
HMMM..so are the GT3 and they are much cheaper. Only my humble opinion!
Old 11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Have you checked the market price for forged wheels? Anyways, let's please stay on topic.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by syrousd
HMMM..so are the GT3 and they are much cheaper.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550I,Space Grey,Hud,Cold Weather,M - Sport, matched GP Thunder headlights and Fogs,,Smoked Badges, Night Vision, Heated Seats,Rear Sunshades, Aux Audio, SAT, NAV, Black Grills, Sprint Booster, Dinan Cold Air, Stage 2 Dinan Software.....More to come soon

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Have you checked the market price for forged wheels? Anyways, let's please stay on topic.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
YOu crack me up common man you are not the only one with the knowledge.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

YOu crack me up common man you are not the only one with the knowledge.
Apparently you don't either based on your complaint above. Everyone's going to have their own preference on wheels and/or how much they value and want to spend so if these aren't for you then move on.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Senior Members

Its a free country I am entitled to my opinion. Life is not all sugar and spice and trust me I have moved ON!!!!!!

Glad you felt you needed to chime in......
Old 11-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

ADV are great wheels, and VERY well known. FYI. Good luck Michael... ..oooogle.... this forums changed so much I swear

Tony!!!! hey honey
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Senior Members

Over 3K??? They made out of gold? For not so know brand.... Rather buy SSRGT3 for that price....
Do you live under a rock? It's fine to have your own preferences. And I agree, they're generally overpriced. But if you haven't heard of ADV.1, then get your head out of thine arse.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Michael, is this only for this specific wheel style or their concave styles are available as well?

Its a free country I am entitled to my opinion. Life is not all sugar and spice and trust me I have moved ON!!!!!!

Glad you felt you needed to chime in......
Good! Not too many people seem happy YOU are chiming in though...

Anyway, put down those weapons, let's all be like Fonzie - what's Fonzie like?
Old 11-19-2011, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

Over 3K??? They made out of gold? For not so know brand.... Rather buy SSRGT3 for that price....
Since no one answered your question, I'll do my best to help out. First and foremost, no they are not made of gold. You see, gold is not very strong and is the most malleable metal you can find, thus making it not suitable to support the weight of a car. Also, let's just assume these wheels weigh 20 lbs each (I have no idea.. didn't look). Gold is approximately $1723/oz and there's 16 oz in a pound.. 80 lbs of rims * 16 oz = 1280 oz.

1280 oz * 1723 = $2,205,440

If these rims were made from gold they would cost roughly $2.2m just at the cost of gold. This doesn't include tax, markup, and any other shipping+insurance fees. Also, it wouldn't be a good idea to have $2 million rims on your car because they'd probably get stolen.

I hope that helps clear things up syrousd. You're welcome.

And I know what you're thinking.. you didn't say "solid gold" but I can only assume. Even if it was 14K, 18K, or 24K you're still looking at a significant cost that would not be worth it and the same issues with strength would likely still be there.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Anyway, put down those weapons, let's all be like Fonzie - what's Fonzie like?
Great friggin movie quote! I cant help but watch it every time its on.

Originally Posted by crypto
Since no one answered your question, I'll do my best to help out. First and foremost, no they are not made of gold. You see, gold is not very strong and is the most malleable metal you can find, thus making it not suitable to support the weight of a car. Also, let's just assume these wheels weigh 20 lbs each (I have no idea.. didn't look). Gold is approximately $1723/oz and there's 16 oz in a pound.. 80 lbs of rims * 16 oz = 1280 oz.

1280 oz * 1723 = $2,205,440

If these rims were made from gold they would cost roughly $2.2m just at the cost of gold. This doesn't include tax, markup, and any other shipping+insurance fees. Also, it wouldn't be a good idea to have $2 million rims on your car because they'd probably get stolen.

I hope that helps clear things up syrousd. You're welcome.

And I know what you're thinking.. you didn't say "solid gold" but I can only assume. Even if it was 14K, 18K, or 24K you're still looking at a significant cost that would not be worth it and the same issues with strength would likely still be there.
I was thinking of getting solid gold rims... I should reconsider? Ok, seriously syrousd, I think it just burned peoples arses that you were slamming a vendor on a thread rather than through PM... but I think the forum needed a bit of excitement anyway, its been a bit dead around here!

Quick Reply: Partial Sponsorship - Adv10 Trak Function