E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Painting the calipers

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in having my calipers either painted (black ) or possibly powder coated. Everyone comments on their size and how cool the brakes look. I have a little discoloration on them and without getting crazy I thought they may look cool done up a little. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Senior Members

I've seen a 3 series caliper painted red and it looked very good.
I think the guy used hi-temp paint. Don't know how long it has lasted.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

i've seen red, yellow, black, gold, and probably more colors but forgot. i think it only looks good if you have aftermarket rims . it'll look funny if you have stock rims . but that's just me .
Old 10-14-2004, 10:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

With stock rims black or silver is okay.. Red and other colors are to much (wannabee Ferrari) boy racer.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:19 PM
Members

I'm thinking painting mine red. It should look good with the car color I have, but will see or painting it shiny silver or just black
Old 10-15-2004, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Ouch.. this can be a thread like Icemans foglight thread.. (keep calm dennis )
Old 10-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 E90 M3

IMO brighter colours look good with BBKs or cars that have big, finished calipers ex. Porsche, AMG cars, ferrari. I've always wondered why BMW gives us such ugly calipers..even on the Ms :thumbsdown:

on topic: i think black or silver would look good for the stock brakes
Old 10-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Contributors

I've been thinking of painting mine black, maybe with a white BMW stencil. The wierd-looking clips on the outside of the pads make me question it - they take up much of the outside surface of what would otherwise be paintable caliper.

In any case, this looks like a nice kit:

http://www.g2usa.com/wheel.shtml
Old 10-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SLVR530I' date='Oct 15 2004, 02:19 PM
I'm thinking painting mine red.? It should look good with the car color I have, but will see or painting it shiny silver or just black
[snapback]45236[/snapback]
Silver530,

I just saw a 7 Series with wheels similar to yours this morning, it had the calipers painted bright red...I thought I would hate it but I rather like it! I say with your wheels, go for it!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:51 PM
Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just bought the Black Dupli-Color kit from Advance Auto-Parts. Total cost was $15.00 on sale. Took an hour to paint all 4 calipers and they actually look pretty good for the investment

Quick Reply: Painting the calipers