E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Painted Brake Calipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Silver 550i: Orion V2 - LCI Tail Lights - VRM 710 (Powder Coated Matt Black) - Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust - Painted Brake Calipers (Red) - Painted Rear MTEC Kit (Black) - Window Tint (Windshield 70% - All other Windows 55% - Smoked Side Markers
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by umichchris
i would humbly suggest some BMW Motorsport decals and a clear coat over them so they dont peel...

i did that with my caliper paint job here: https://5series.net/forums/topic/119...st__p__1429992
Where Can i get those decals!!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver 550i: Orion V2 - LCI Tail Lights - VRM 710 (Powder Coated Matt Black) - Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust - Painted Brake Calipers (Red) - Painted Rear MTEC Kit (Black) - Window Tint (Windshield 70% - All other Windows 55% - Smoked Side Markers
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by pradden
I plan on doing this very soon. Any other tips?

Thx
I forgot. The paint said not to drive your car for 24 hours. I waited like 17 hours and I was fine. I had to leave town, delayed it as much as possible. It was real hot that day here 97. I hoped they were completely dry and they were. Most of the paints state 24 hour cure time, but that is relative to the temperature you are in. The hotter the faster it will cure. Times for paint to dry is based on temperatures being 70 degrees.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by TU2TLE
I forgot. The paint said not to drive your car for 24 hours. I waited like 17 hours and I was fine. I had to leave town, delayed it as much as possible. It was real hot that day here 97. I hoped they were completely dry and they were. Most of the paints state 24 hour cure time, but that is relative to the temperature you are in. The hotter the faster it will cure. Times for paint to dry is based on temperatures being 70 degrees.
Well your painted calipers has inspired me to do mine next weekend. It also helps that today the dealer did a complete brake job on all four corners, new rotors and pads. I figure that I would also paint the rotor hub and the brake shield since I should be having these rotors for a little bit, till the next brake job. Also thanks for the tips on your previous posts.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

I was tired of looking at the rust on my rotors so i decided to do mine tonight. I know i over sprayed the rotors, but i'm sure when i hit the brakes, the surface will eventually go back to normal

Old 06-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

i love the color choice!
Old 06-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

VHT caliper paint is the easiest to use! Dry time is within 5 mins. Gave each caliper/rotor 3 coats each. Also if you buy the caliper cleaner spray, you might want to get 2 bottles. I ran out by the time I got to the 4th caliper.

rust be gone!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

Originally Posted by SD5Series
I was tired of looking at the rust on my rotors so i decided to do mine tonight. I know i over sprayed the rotors, but i'm sure when i hit the brakes, the surface will eventually go back to normal

Nice, I was debating on doing the blue before I decided on the green.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

Originally Posted by SD5Series

Nice, I was debating on doing the blue before I decided on the green.

Ooops, double post, sorry