E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A package just arrived...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexFW
West, did you notice something in upshifting time?
Did you notice the Quaife is smaller and lighter?
Because on an SMG car, I clearly felt the difference! And I have vids as well, to proove it improved.

Next time try to concentrate on that and pls report
AlexFW, I did not notice something in upshifting time- no, though there may be some difference that I'm not noticing.
The Quaife IS smaller and lighter- yes. The OEM feels heavy and looks ugly compared to the Quaife.
Yeah, I'm not on an SMG tranny, so that might be why you feld the difference, I couldn't say. You got different gearing as well though, correct?
Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

So when are we going to see some donut videos
Old 12-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by socale39
How are you liking the new diff West?
Oh man. Absolutely love it. The rear end came out from under me a few times yesterday while learning how to turn corners at moderate speeds. The rear end swings out much easier than the OEM rear differential which is sort of scary, but could be considered fun for some people. It rained last night, so the wet roads of Seattle probably didn't help. Look forward to taking it to the track to get a feel for how to take turns in a more controlled environment where I won't get a ticket. To be honest, I'm not all that comfortable gassing the car too much on turns just yet because I haven't figured out how much speed is too much and don't really know what sorts of signals indicate the car will initiate a drift.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

Yeah, and I imagine the wet road conditions in your area don't help either.....

or maybe they would
Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Senior Members

Figure a status update is in order. Took the e60 in today for oil and the technicians inspected the rest of the vehicle. They found that three of the bolts that hold the rear axles to the rear differential were missing! For all of you out there that have had your differential pulled/installed, make sure those bolts are torqued down really good. A bit of thread lock probably won't hurt either.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Originally Posted by west
Figure a status update is in order. Took the e60 in today for oil and the technicians inspected the rest of the vehicle. They found that three of the bolts that hold the rear axles to the rear differential were missing! For all of you out there that have had your differential pulled/installed, make sure those bolts are torqued down really good. A bit of thread lock probably won't hurt either.

YIKES!! Good thing they caught this before the last one fell out!