E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Orion v4s

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Oh yeah, as a note, the two pics above are v4 and stock v2s. The v2s were the Simon enhanced ones since at that point, I had not taken apart my headlights to extract my v2s yet. And then, of course, once I started working, I forget everything else and didn't think to take pics, hahaha.

I most likely will be working on another custom project involving v4s next week, so hopefully I'll remember to take some then.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Tron sponsored E60. I bet it looks crazy on the road. now drop it like it's hot "chrow it on da ground!"
Old 08-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i

very nice setup
Old 08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i sport pak. all the other goodies.. MODS: M5 front, sides, aFe throttle body spacer, RPI Red scoop, amber angle eyes, powder coated sport rims, tinted tail lights. smoked side blinkers, color of car and rims roundels, real carbon fiber roof spoiler, 550i number flat black, LED license plate lights, MTX 12' sub, dyno mat, tinted Windows, flat black grill, flat black exhaust tips, light smoke headlight tint, foged out eyelash, velocity booster.

Of corse right after I get v2's the v4's come out. Just my luck.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:29 PM
Contributors

Haha, Blake, they literally just got them last Saturday.

I don't think any of us knew with certainty that v4 would be released in E60 sizing. With that said, since the quantity is so limited, you likely won't run into anyone with it to outshine your v2!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

Wow thats one hell of comparison!
You really know your stuff!
So when are the v4 going to get simon touch??
Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Shydee
Wow thats one hell of comparison!
You really know your stuff!
So when are the v4 going to get simon touch??
Haha, thanks. I think if I hadn't been so anxious to install them, I probably would have spent more time uncovering other differences. Two other things to add is that now the smaller ring, 8x's, has two power connectors like the larger ring. Makes sense with the increased power load. And I measured the current draw, it's actually interesting that it is not quite double of v2's. I suspect that it was engineered this way to prevent overheating, and in general just cooling consideration.

Oh another thing, it has been mentioned that v2, although white, has a purple hue to it at some angles. v4s are simply white. Why that is the case has to do with the white boxes as well. In theory v2's can be modified to run white-white, but I honestly don't know if I ever will be bothered enough to look into it since I don't have direct motivation, lol.

Lastly, I doubt I will be modifying the v4s. The reason is because I modified the v2s due to the gap and the color hue, since v4s effectively takes care of both of those points, no further mod is necessary. Although, I would have to say, some people may want me to mod it since when the v4s are off, you definitely see more of the underlying yellow phosphorous coating on the top of LEDs. With that said, I would also recommend it if the person only wants to install Orions and no custom paint (xenon headlights). The reason is because the chrome, couple with treated rings, it definitely looks more OEM. On the flip side, I can recommend it for people that wants the angel eye rings to stand out noticeably even when off if they do the painting.

So in essence, the only scenario where I wouldn't have to do it is if the concern is the gap and color.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

haha i seen the pic on fb and saw people commenting about the v4s and I was like haha those aren't v4s those are simonized v2s now I come on and see that you verify it was v4s LOL they look sick I must say. I never got the memo that umnitza was finally gonna make these for the e60 man I'm late.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Contributors

Yah, they kind of came out of nowhere, lol.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Contributors

Finally had the chance to wash the car again after getting the Venture Shield installed.

Will most likely be taking a few pics today. Any particular request from certain angles, etc?

Quick Reply: Orion v4s