E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Orion v 2 Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:36 PM
mc5
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535xi M3 vert

I have had the orion v2's on my m3 for 3 years with no problems at all.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I was just searching for Orions and came across OSS. The main concern for me was whether they may actually be in any way, shape or form better than Orions. Guess no, huh?
Not sure if they are better or worst than umnitza. Only side by side comparison can tell.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
These fit LCI HALOGEN or LCI Xenon?
They fit both.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Man these are awesome. If only the install was as easy as the E46 where the headlights come apart in no time flat.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Yea too bad huh Ross? When are you getting yours done? I've been meaning to get it done by Simon but just never have the time to make it out.. either work.. or GF.. you know lol.

Maybe we can go the same day and make it a mini meet too.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:58 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Not sure if they are better or worst than umnitza. Only side by side comparison can tell.

They fit both.
Mike, I am almost positive that they are using Umnitza's products and selling it as their own.

Melvin and Ross, haha, that would be interesting. We've never done two Orions in a day, but I suppose it's not impossible, lol.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Mike, I am almost positive that they are using Umnitza's products and selling it as their own.

Melvin and Ross, haha, that would be interesting. We've never done two Orions in a day, but I suppose it's not impossible, lol.
It would probably be a full day event, 1 in the morning-ish hours and the other in the afternoon. No worries, I'll bring pizza and beer, but then again you don't drink beer huh Simon I'll get you some vodka or something.. after you finish the install. lol
Old 09-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, well, I was thinking that if it's done simultaneously, it should work. But hey, you guys let me know, lol.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Hahaha, when I read that, I totally lol'ed. Old-school orbs! We should start calling it that, lol.

Perhaps a clarification. The original Orion v2's can be wire to do fade on as well, but the fade on for the multi-colored is different in that you can set it to fade on one color (say blue or red), and when you start the car, it'll transition (uber smooth I might add) into white. It's really freaking sexy to witness actually.

V, if you are unsure, or don't have the tools, I would just have Mike do it. He's got all the tools and what not already, and would save you the headache of potentially screwing it up, lol.

Agreed, have someone that has done it before do it.

As for the original post, I have nothing but good things to say about the Orions as well. Funny, I actually just saw a F10 with its white AE's, and I definitely like the Orions more. Probably because the light is transferred by fiber optics, but it's nowhere as even from all angles as the Orions.
The new F10 eyes are great, they are weird in some respects because they still have a hot spot in some areas, but they are very very well made. Our ideas on how to "fix" them should be done by April of this next year.

Yup, another plug. They do not strobe, at least to the human eye. It's the way cameras capture light, that's why it looks that way in the video.
And I have done installations for LCI, they fit no problem, and yes, resistor is needed.
Resistors are needed, ask us before you get your order shipped, we have them for $15 for the pair with taps.

Are OSS rings the same thing or essentially the same?
No, they aren't. They are a knock off. I found out the company that makes them and yes, they are a complete and total knock off with different quality LED and plastics - designed to "look" the same but not be the same.

I think there was some shit storm about this and that OSS wasn't giving credit where it's due. My understanding is that OSS Louis bought the Orions, and when he does his jobs, he calls it his own.
yes, Luis originally bought them and had them knocked off.

Originally Posted by mc5
I have had the orion v2's on my m3 for 3 years with no problems at all.
Rounding up You were likely to be the first to have received them.

Hope that helps shed some "light" on it.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:36 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

My Birthday is coming up and I just noticed one of my AE's went dark just today boy o boy, what should I do?!

Long story short, I want to get Orions for the car for my BDay (my little gift to her ), but my only concern is: has there ever been any issues with them? Particularly the kind of issues that require re-opening the hl after the install etc etc. LEDs burning out? Any problems at all? I know a few people on this forum have extensive experience with them, so I'd really appreciate any info that pertains to Orion V2's reliability and such.

Thanks in advance!
We've never had 1 Orion V2 burn out, we've had them on the market now over 2.5 years. While it's not impossible, it's not happened in all the latest batches. It did happen once in the first batch, we're on batch 23 now (a few of them were unlabeled)

Originally Posted by tex_phil
I have not had any problems with mine, the hardest part is just installing them. They look awesome and really turn heads.
Exactly.
yeah, I wanna bring some real 21st century up in this biatch the old-school orbs gotta go
I just wanna say - to everyone who reads this - I've never really read/heard anything bad about Orion V2's, except the complicated installation thing. The reason I started this thread is actually because after having been following Orions on the forums for a while, I've yet to read one negative comment/review.

Anyway, Phil, you DIY'd it, right? How long did it take you?
They are quality parts, we even replace them if you god forbid get into an accident and one of them is destroyed. We're confident it won't be, but if it is, we'll replace it.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by redEYEjedi
It would probably be a full day event, 1 in the morning-ish hours and the other in the afternoon. No worries, I'll bring pizza and beer, but then again you don't drink beer huh Simon I'll get you some vodka or something.. after you finish the install. lol
Yeshhhhhhhh! Man, and to think I got myself to stop modding... sigh. Alright Simon, I'm going to have to sleep on angel eyes on during the day or an Orion install.

Did you pick up the Orions already Melvin? I might have to pull the trigger on a set tonight if we can set a time to do it. It'll be a long day but we'll make sure you stay entertained Simon... CHEERS!

Quick Reply: Orion v 2 Angel Eyes