E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Option Racing M5 bumpers/side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

Hey guys. I just came across this on ebay. Seems too good to be true so I'm a bit skeptical...anyone have any experience with these?

M5 front bumper

M5 rear bumper (polypropylene)

M5 rear bumper (ABS)

M5 sides
Old 02-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See Signature
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

I wouldn't get them... there will probably be fitment issues. Plus the seller has a lot of negative feedback so I'd play it safe and just order from a trusted vendor on this site.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

I'm looking at the sellers info and I'm seeing 98% positive feedback. Also, people that bought the e60 parts were all satisfied customers. I understand what your saying about the vendors on this forum but if i can save $100 and get a good product I'll be more than happy to buy from the above vendor. And definitely dont want to discredit the other vendors on here. Just me being cheap i guess lol any way i can spare a buck here and there!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

You haven't added a sig, so we don't know what year your E60 is. I'm assuming '08 or '09 since the parts you're looking for are for those years. There was a style change in '08, so if your car is any earlier, they won't match up.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jayarras
You haven't added a sig, so we don't know what year your E60 is. I'm assuming '08 or '09 since the parts you're looking for are for those years. There was a style change in '08, so if your car is any earlier, they won't match up.
Thanks for reminding me about my sig I have a 10' 535
Old 02-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Members

My Ride: bullshit
Model Year: 2010

Dude, just remember that those $100 bucks you save up front may have to get shelled out (and then some) once your body shop sees that it's gonna be more work to fit the pieces correctly
Old 02-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by spidereddie
Dude, just remember that those $100 bucks you save up front may have to get shelled out (and then some) once your body shop sees that it's gonna be more work to fit the pieces correctly
Ya I guess you guys are right. Better safe than sorry. My next question then is which front bumper to get? Umnitza or Trinity? These are the two I most commonly see on the forums as far as replicas. My problem is tho, will M5 add on pieces such as the Radenergie R-GT lip fit on both of these bumpers if at all? And if not does anyone know of a bumper that has no problem with the add ons? The reason I ask is that I've seen a few members have problems with these add ons with replica M5 parts.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

U can have my front bumper for the same price
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sachal007
U can have my front bumper for the same price
I appreciate it but I'm in need of an M5 style bumper. I have seen the differences and decided to go this route, The lip I am adding requires the M5 front also. I was about to go MTech with the Hammann CF lip but changed my mind. I do have a friend that might be interested tho. Yours isn't painted correct? I'll ask her and get back to you.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Members

Give us a call, we have a double shipment coming on Tuesday.

Quick Reply: Option Racing M5 bumpers/side skirts