E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

old but new topic - please dont judge me. e60

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default old but new topic - please dont judge me. e60

Okay. after extensive research and realizing that my car is the one year that had no compatible cheap fixes.

i have a 2006 530i. CCC iDrive nav.. in my dash there is dvd rom for navi and cd rom for music.

Im so annoyed. I called bmw. gave them my vin http://www.bmwvin.com/?vin=CM37951 and they sold me the aux cable for 80 bucks. (i ate it). I took apart my dash yesterday and got confused. According to the install its a plug and play.. which it is hypothetically. There are a million wires plugged in (exaggerated) and I need help..

im not savy when it comes to telling wires. ive used google and this forum and read til my head hurt. All i am looking for is a simple solution. i have bluetooth but no streaming of course.. I have attached a wiring diagram i just found a hour ago after going super deep in these threads.. I am willing to go through the process of removing the items again as long as someone is willing to give me detailed instructions or step by step. I was capable of taking that block out and inputting my aux which didn't show up in idrive (needs coding) i lost all bass etc. so how do i integrate two in 1 with different colored wires?
Attached Thumbnails old but new topic - please dont judge me. e60-bmw-audio-wiring1.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im replying but I dont have the answer youre looking for.

My suggestion is that people who want to do affordable mods for increased inputs / BT options are usually best served with the Dension mod. There are a lot of step by step detailed sheets on this in the forum.

For those others of us who just have to go big & want more functionality, there is the full CIC upgrade which is between 3-4K & probably not what you are looking for (though I highly recommend it).