E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NYC to Florida Keys and back through Blue Ridge

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write-up Vlad! It was cool getting to meet you in person
Old 04-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

BTW Vladdy, next road trip? SO CAL!!!!! C'mon Bro, get out here already
Old 04-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Great pictures V glad to see you got in a Vaca. it was long overdue
Old 04-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

sweet thread and pics looks like a blast! as for the "restaurant" props for not doing anything you might regret later because +1 on what aretardedorange said

and that cat... WTF
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by pradden
Great trip man! Back in 09, I drove my Sonata (then brand new) from KY to South Beach. The worst part was commuting through Atlanta.

South Beach is awesome! The only thing is, you can blow through hundreds of $ in no time.

I wish I had the time to drive through to Key West, but I had to cut across and up to Tampa to visit my father.

Glad you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing the adventure
Not to mention, gas ain't exactly cheap anymore! But you know, you only live once, so why not save up and have a blast? I tend to get lots of great ideas when I'm on vacations, so usually, I end up getting back re-invigorated and ready to create more opportunities for myself and people around me.

This time, I've come up with a business for myself and my friend in Cali, but more on this later - meeting a potential financial backer tomorrow to discuss. Wish me luck!

And yes, make the time to visit Key West. Driving there may not be the best way though - next time, if I have the opportunity, I'd rather go by boat and stay on the water as much as I can.

Originally Posted by jg525i
awesome thread i enjoyed reading it, and it was very informative, a good road trip, is always needed to test a good car! i love the bbs thinking of switching to these wheels after the summer time.. thanks again
Thank you! I was a bit surprised how nicely it came out myself - I wasn't sure until the last moment when the rims were installed.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I would have spat in that bitches face. Well at the end of the day.... the car that your driving is worth more then she makes in 2 years .
Never worth it to lose your cool. Ever.

And I don't think she makes 7 grand a year LOL

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
Vlad. Car looks amazing. Can't wait to see it in person. Looks like a lot of fun. Always wanted to drive all the way to Key West.
You definitely should drive down, if you have a chance! As for seeing in person, you know where to find me - I'd love to see you guys (and the new M5!) too!

And I've been itching to set up another KBBQ meet/eat...
Old 04-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by Krozi
Great write-up Vlad! It was cool getting to meet you in person
Same here, Marc! Tell Alex I said hi. I hope we can do it again soon!

Originally Posted by pjinca
BTW Vladdy, next road trip? SO CAL!!!!! C'mon Bro, get out here already
Actually, I just might do that! A good friend of mine will be driving here from Cali in the summer, and we've been thinking to do a road trip. So I might tag along with him on the way back. But it will hinge on whether I'll be able to take the time off...

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
Great pictures V glad to see you got in a Vaca. it was long overdue
Thank you! We have to hang out soon!

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
sweet thread and pics looks like a blast! as for the "restaurant" props for not doing anything you might regret later because +1 on what aretardedorange said

and that cat... WTF
Hemingway's estate has a whole lot of these cats with six paws. Story is, he was given one by someone, at some point, and he decided to let him breed. Before long, there is a whole lot of these things out there. They are all over the estate and are totally unaffected by all the people going through the house all the time - they just chill.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Members

Great thread, looks like u had alot of fun. I am planning myself to go with my girl on a road trip from NY to Miami sometimes next month. Btw that picture with the coffee on the window and that view looks like heaven!!