E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

nomis_nehc's amber removal + euro sticker!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
Awesome Bro!

Funny how we can't even see the eyebrow's anymore. Oh well. Its ok. The angel eyes and corner is da bomb.
Actually, it's because of the angle, that's why it's not showing very well. In addition, it was actually pretty bright outside as well, and the radio shack leds are too white to be readily visible during the day in the first place (unless you're looking straight at them)

Originally Posted by AKAlius
Simon, your pics look great! You got any side shots of the eyebrow LED's and OV2's profile? Just curious, cause it looks like the OV2's flood out the eyebrows. I think it's just the camera, but can you still see the eyebrows well in person after installing the OV2's?
I can take some tomorrow. I am lazy, and only used my iPhone for these pics, lol. But I have to say though, because my headlights are halogen, my rings are inside the reflector, versus being in the front to how xenons would be set up. I have included a pic of Tim's (one of my client that I did the white eyebrow and Orions). Obviously this was taken at night, so the brow is highly visible. Again, pic was taken using iPhone, so the quality is pretty crap, haha. The car in the front is his, and mine is in the back.

Also, for the sealant that we are having success with, it's a type of construction adhesive that you can purchase from Lowes. Joebaggg, if you need a cartridge, maybe you can buy one from Mike. He ordered 6 of them!
Attached Thumbnails nomis_nehc's amber removal + euro sticker!-tim%5Cs-side.jpg  
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Haha I can see mikes ready to goto war with these headlights. Ok thanks everyone ill give him a call when I'm ready to open up my headlights. I'm waiting to decide whether or not I want to get the orions. I really love my read AEs and I'm not ready to part with them. Wish they had the multicolored ones for our cars. Umnitza told me the multi color orion v2s are brighter then the regular white ones but the rings are bigger then the e60. I asked if I can special order a set for the e60 but they said no also they had no plans to make a multi colored version for us. I'd be willing to shell out the cash for a one of a kind set. Too bad... So right now I'm on the fence. Also I want to get my angel eyes brighter. I had bright ones from mike but they kept blowing out on me so I settled for the radio shack ones and I'm not too happy with them. I need brighter!!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

looks good Simon
Old 03-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

very nice! was it you who rode on Bolsa after the meet?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Contributors

Oh yeah, you were the car on the left of John!

And I am not sure of the street name, I am not familiar with OC up there
Old 03-02-2010, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by joebaggg
Haha I can see mikes ready to goto war with these headlights. Ok thanks everyone ill give him a call when I'm ready to open up my headlights. I'm waiting to decide whether or not I want to get the orions. I really love my read AEs and I'm not ready to part with them. Wish they had the multicolored ones for our cars. Umnitza told me the multi color orion v2s are brighter then the regular white ones but the rings are bigger then the e60. I asked if I can special order a set for the e60 but they said no also they had no plans to make a multi colored version for us. I'd be willing to shell out the cash for a one of a kind set. Too bad... So right now I'm on the fence. Also I want to get my angel eyes brighter. I had bright ones from mike but they kept blowing out on me so I settled for the radio shack ones and I'm not too happy with them. I need brighter!!
Yah, the truth is, there aren't that many of us buying the Orions due to how much work it is to opening and sealing it up. So it doesn't make economic sense to them to develop and manufacture it at all. I mean, if you're willing to pay for all that, maybe they will, lol.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Yah, the truth is, there aren't that many of us buying the Orions due to how much work it is to opening and sealing it up. So it doesn't make economic sense to them to develop and manufacture it at all. I mean, if you're willing to pay for all that, maybe they will, lol.
I think the reason is many got scared by the first guy from ///OSS who did this custom job, saying it took him so many hours just to open the headlights.
And also the refusal to share some DIY tips by forum members who have successfully done this mod.
The glue to use is the one recommended by umnitza.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Contributors

Meh. As far as I know, prior to me, only OSS Luis did this. And he indeed was unresponsive to PMs and tips about the install. Regarding sharing info, people that have messaged me asking for instructions, I have always been plenty helpful.

Though I do have to say though Rizbel, you never did respond to PMs that Nig and I had sent you inquiring how your install went.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by Rizbel
I think the reason is many got scared by the first guy from ///OSS who did this custom job, saying it took him so many hours just to open the headlights.
And also the refusal to share some DIY tips by forum members who have successfully done this mod.
The glue to use is the one recommended by umnitza.
Honestly there has to be a better one, it would be better if the glue was clear, this one is brown.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Meh. As far as I know, prior to me, only OSS Luis did this. And he indeed was unresponsive to PMs and tips about the install. Regarding sharing info, people that have messaged me asking for instructions, I have always been plenty helpful.

Though I do have to say though Rizbel, you never did respond to PMs that Nig and I had sent you inquiring how your install went.
Prior to my install I was asking for tips and was blatantly ignored(not by you, BTW). I got over it,after weeks of therapy .
But you understand why I withheld the info(which I finally did reveal later on) .

Quick Reply: nomis_nehc's amber removal + euro sticker!