E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NJ/NY - Anyone ever get a payment from the DOT for wheel & tire da

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '08 528i, Alpine WHITE

And I thought NY roads were bad ( I'm originally from NY) , NJ roads really pissed me off today! Coming from Rt.1 onto Rt.18E across from the NJ Turnpike Entrance I hit this friggin pothole that cracked and bent my front wheel and blew out the tire. It also bent the rear wheel! I've had these wheels and tires on my e60 not even 2 weeks and THIS !!!

I filed a claim NJ DOT's " Claims Form Damages" department. They said to get an estimate for the replacements/ repairs and the towing cost and send them to their claims department and if they " reveal that the State is liable for your damage, you will be compensated."

Has anyone ever filed a claim...and was compensated? And if so, what steps and departments did you go through to get your claim through?

I plan to be going to the Eurofest on May 22nd with the Motorcepts caravan and hustled to get another set of wheels from Trinity ( Thanks Joe!) and a front/rear tires from Tirerack. Can't roll up in a caravan with some insane e60's with a donut on and a bent wheel! Will have shipment by next week and wheels/tires installed before Eurofest if all goes well...

Thanks for any input!
Attached Thumbnails NJ/NY - Anyone ever get a payment from the DOT for wheel & tire da-image-23.jpeg   NJ/NY - Anyone ever get a payment from the DOT for wheel & tire da-image-22.jpeg  
Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i SA M-Sport Package

By the time you get paid, you'll have a 3 year old f10
Old 05-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

wow that is a shame! you just got them! come on you like in NY/NJ, NYC driving is like a maze and an obstacle course lol we dodge potholes and stuff im pretty sure people behind me think im crazy lol... in all seriousness that sucks james sorry to hear. hope everything gets straighten out quickly with NJ DOT
Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Contributors

That sux big time!

Maybe you should simultaneously file a claim with your own insurance company. It's probably a comprehensive claim that shouldn't hit you with points. Then they can help push the state to pay for the damages.

If the state claims that they were unaware of the road hazard they could try to deny the claim. Chasing that info down could be a hassle.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ghostteck
wow that is a shame! you just got them! come on you like in NY/NJ, NYC driving is like a maze and an obstacle course lol we dodge potholes and stuff im pretty sure people behind me think im crazy lol... in all seriousness that sucks james sorry to hear. hope everything gets straighten out quickly with NJ DOT
I know Anthony!!!! I was having such a great day too!!! I should have new front and rear tires and wheels by next week and ready in time for Eurofest. Do you know what time everyone is meeting at Motorcept for the caravan?
Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by luigi524td
That sux big time!

Maybe you should simultaneously file a claim with your own insurance company. It's probably a comprehensive claim that shouldn't hit you with points. Then they can help push the state to pay for the damages.

If the state claims that they were unaware of the road hazard they could try to deny the claim. Chasing that info down could be a hassle.
gonna call my insurance agent tomorrow and see what he says...hey, it's worth a shot and better than nothing...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ouch! I'd call the insurance and start haggling... come to think of it, think that is exactly what I'll be doing with my bent 123...

Good luck, man! Sorry to see the damage...
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Damn. Thats horrible! Sorry to hear about that man
Old 05-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by dragonfx
I know Anthony!!!! I was having such a great day too!!! I should have new front and rear tires and wheels by next week and ready in time for Eurofest. Do you know what time everyone is meeting at Motorcept for the caravan?
Not 100% sure everyone is still trying to figure it out, get in contact with king on the foeums hes from jersey too
Old 05-11-2011, 05:10 AM
Members

I wont even wish that on an enemy!! that REALLY sucks dude....i'll prob cry if this every happens to me out of the blue.. if i was playing around and it happen then......F it... I'll know to look out taking Rt 1 18E.. sorry bro!

Quick Reply: NJ/NY - Anyone ever get a payment from the DOT for wheel & tire da