E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Nice E60, from Mfest

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=761395

looks really nice and clean

wheel fitment looks great and the whole package i think just works really well
Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

Meh, not loving the black wheels. Too slammed for my taste.

Also, what's with the off-centered plate? Why even bother putting it on? The plate is required here too, but I'd rather risk it than put it on the corner of the car. Just my opinion I guess.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Senior Members

Car looks good. I would personally bring the back down a hair. It looks like the back of it sits a little higher compared to the front. If you going to slam it, why only slam part of it?

As for the license plate, Ive never understood why people mount them off centered either. Can someone please explain this one?
Old 05-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by wasupdu
Meh, not loving the black wheels. Too slammed for my taste.

Also, what's with the off-centered plate? Why even bother putting it on? The plate is required here too, but I'd rather risk it than put it on the corner of the car. Just my opinion I guess.

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring
Car looks good. I would personally bring the back down a hair. It looks like the back of it sits a little higher compared to the front. If you going to slam it, why only slam part of it?

As for the license plate, Ive never understood why people mount them off centered either. Can someone please explain this one?
front plate is mounted via the tow hook. it's a special adapter to mount there. that way when you are going on long trips/caravans, you can mount your plate and not worry about giving a police officer one more reason to stop you. After, you can remove the plate and just re-apply the tow hook cover....voila: no bumper holes as you would have with a regular front mount bracket/plate...

https://5series.net/forums/topic/674...1&#entry748291
Old 05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
Contributors

I wouldn't mind it except for the hooptie stickers he put on his windshield.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

hey I have the same no hole license plate mount lol...
Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Members

For this car, it makes sense. I was mainly questioning about imports, such as JDM cars, that purchase offset license plate brackets. Does anyone know what thats about?

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
front plate is mounted via the tow hook. it's a special adapter to mount there. that way when you are going on long trips/caravans, you can mount your plate and not worry about giving a police officer one more reason to stop you. After, you can remove the plate and just re-apply the tow hook cover....voila: no bumper holes as you would have with a regular front mount bracket/plate...

https://5series.net/forums/topic/674...1&#entry748291
Old 05-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Senior Members

the reason I got that is because I got a ticket before plus I dont want to cover the grille on the bottom of the mtech front bumper, so I end up buying this one.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

that's Benjo's e60. he put on our sides the week before mfest, but he had some bad luck since he blew 2 tires on the way
Old 05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
that's Benjo's e60. he put on our sides the week before mfest, but he had some bad luck since he blew 2 tires on the way
Is it because the car is to low and the tires are rubbing?

Quick Reply: Nice E60, from Mfest