E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Newbie - needs some frank advise!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: "55" 520D SE - Bluetooth, IPOD interface, 17" Spider 138 Standard

Good evening all, what a great forum!

Any how new to BMW, just bought a 520 D SE not alot of extras.

Just seen some 18 " m sport alloys, a few scrapes 5mm tread ?400 ?

I would like leather interior is it a wise idea to have the seats aftermarket covered or should i wait till my next purchase?

I find the performance a little flat in first, some of the remap reviews seem good, but could BMW discover the tweak and void my warranty?

As you can see by my queries i'm a bit wet behind the ears!!

thanks in advance

Warren
Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 535d M-Sport Individual Deep Green Metallic 19" Style 172 wheels Individual Champagne leather Media Pack Visibility pack Sunroof Privacy glass

Personally, Id go for the wheels because at least you can take them off when you sell the car, but I wouldnt spend a huge amount on leather, etc on a base spec car.

Fair enough if you can get an Ebay bargain but a more cost efficient way of doing it would be saving for a car that has everything already on.

Just my opinion
Old 06-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome. as for the remapping, it has been said that they are not able to be found by the dealer. check out some threads or you could pm members who have done a DMS remap and such. if anything if bmw overwrites it with a reflash of the ecu, you could always have your ecu remapped again with the "chip". hope this helps. enjoy the forums.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 AM
Members

Hi. I was in the same dilema, here is my story. Purchased a Jun 04 530dse without any leathers but with Buisiness Sat Nav and Bi Xennons. I obviously wanted the sports look and this is what I did using the eBay with 6 sellers.

M Sports side skirts ?125
M Sports rear bumper ?160
M Sports front bumper ?220 (with fog lights which I did not need)
M Sports front bumper grill covers ?100
M Sports 18" alloys with 6-7mm of tread, unmarked however got a bulge on one of the tyres ?650
M Sports Leather Trim with door cards ?650
M Sports Steering wheel ?250 (modifications needed as I bought a Sept 05 one when I should have bought an earlier one!)
Professional tint using the proper "American" stuff ?135
M Sports Rear spolier (Original and new!) ?100
Fitting and painting (friends with approved bodyshop CASH deal and had the bonnet painted due to big stone chip in the middle!!) ?500

All the parts to my knowledge came off cars that were breaking so in effect Insurance total right offs! A bit suspect on the wheels as they look refurbished and with the bulge on one of the tyres suggest someone must have curbed the tyre.

I still have to sell the SE Parts which should generate around ?1k so in total to get the look it will have cost me just short of ?2k but I did have to paint the bonnet. I managed to buy the car on an approved BMW auction at BCA and I was effectivley ?4k better off so even with the added cost to get the look I am laughing all the way to the bank...

I did wash it today, so before anyone asks I will post some pictures up....
Old 06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Members

Hi

Adding alloys will differentiate between the SE and the MSport Spec.

i have a set of Original Mv2's (Msport) alloys off a 55plate msport, 3 are in excellent condition, 1 has a scuff about 2' long, all 4 have goodyear runflat tyres will 5-6mm tread in A1 condition.

PM me if you are interested, im in cannock