E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

newbie and the mods have started already

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
I bought a 2004 E60 at christmas which was suppose to be a nice everyday car that i would not be moddin....

That all changed after i found this site and i have been very impressed by some of the cars on here , Hence why i have the following on order for my nice sensible "of course i wont be spending any money on this one dear" car..

Its a black 520i step/auto which is more than enough for me to plod about in as i also on a track car (sierra cosworth)for the weekends..

so my car currently looks like this

and my list of mods that are on order are

Full M sport kit
M5 wing grills
Rear Spoiler (sticky out one..cant remember the name)
Xenons
Eibach sportline kit
M sport pedal set

The car is booked in with the body shop next friday (7 days time) and i need to source some wheels before then..
My problem is wheel choice...it needs to be right and here in england we are limited as to what will fit and look good..
any suggestions on what wheels would make the car complete? i cant pick the car up on standard wheels as it will look pony...

ps..here is my trackcar which we rebuilt recently and on the dyno it made 380bhp..
Old 01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome. good luck with the mods. as for wheels, check out more of the parts/accessories part of the forum, or the photo albums. man members have many pics of their cars up, and in their profiles and/or signatures they may have the information on what wheels they are rolling on. hope that helps. good luck with the search. enjoy the forums.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: honda accord

welcome....and so it starts...
Old 01-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

I like these, i have a black E60 as well and i get alot of compliments on them Staggered MRR GT-1 20" , i also lowered mine with H&R sport springs and i barely ever get any rubbing, i have a connection on those and can get them shipped in USA with tires for $1900
Attached Thumbnails newbie and the mods have started already-dscn1459.jpg   newbie and the mods have started already-s5002023.jpg  
Old 01-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Throw some 19" OEM 172's on there and make it look like the latest model LCI's, or close to it!

They would great with the new M-tech kit, etc. I'd also consider blacking out the grille and throwing on some shadowline trim, since your car is black...makes for a nice "finished" look.

Tarek307's rims above would like nice, too. Just make sure your rims are at least 19's. Anything smaller won't look right. Good luck and keep us posted with your decisions or questions.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Welcome on board!

I've been here for a while now and when recently ordering a new car, I went straight to the Gallery (photo album) section of the forum for inspiration. As NeRwEEzy wrote above, you'll find all the OEM BMW wheels in there
If you are after agressive 19" OEM rims, then the M167 (5-spoke) rims are the way forward. The M166 (multi-spoke) rims are IMHO a more classy rim. The M172 (multi-spoke) rim is somewhere between the two.

As for the M5 gills, I personally think this no better than putting an M5 badge on a non-M5 E60, however it comes down to personal taste afterall and I can see the appeal of doing the mod. I just wouldn't do it!

The rear spoiler you are thinking of is probably the one from ACS.

I agree the shaddow line mod would be a nice touch.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='513554' date='Jan 4 2008, 05:07 AM
Welcome on board!

I've been here for a while now and when recently ordering a new car, I went straight to the Gallery (photo album) section of the forum for inspiration. As NeRwEEzy wrote above, you'll find all the OEM BMW wheels in there
If you are after agressive 19" OEM rims, then the M167 (5-spoke) rims are the way forward. The M166 (multi-spoke) rims are IMHO a more classy rim. The M172 (multi-spoke) rim is somewhere between the two.

As for the M5 gills, I personally think this no better than putting an M5 badge on a non-M5 E60, however it comes down to personal taste afterall and I can see the appeal of doing the mod. I just wouldn't do it!

The rear spoiler you are thinking of is probably the one from ACS.

I agree the shaddow line mod would be a nice touch.

Thanks for the advice fellas..

i will not be running M5 badges on the grills....but after seeing the hamann black e60 i had to add the grills ;-)

i have untill next week to decide on the rims but and may just go the route of some 19"s m5 REPS to see the winter out and then maybe source some 20"s when the weather breaks..

Whats my choice on Mirrors? is it M5 or standard? i have seen some e60's that appear to be running e39 mirrors?? is this an easy mod?

thanks again for the advice..
Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='513543' date='Jan 4 2008, 02:48 AM
Throw some 19" OEM 172's on there and make it look like the latest model LCI's, well close to it!

They would great with the new M-tech kit, etc. I'd also consider blacking out the grille and throwing on some shadowline trim, since your car is black...makes for a nice "finished" look.

Tarek307's rims above would like nice, too. Just make sure your rims are at least 19's. Anything smaller won't look right. Good luck and keep us posted with your decisions or questions.
+1 on the rims !
Old 01-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Contributors

Modding is definitely an addiction
Enjoy your E60 and the forums
Old 01-10-2008, 12:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by broadmoor' post='513298' date='Jan 3 2008, 07:27 PM