E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New wood piece on center console

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Oct 13 2004, 06:26 PM
I know, that is what I told them so I am curious if they are looking at the right part?? I called them instead of going there.? I gave them the Chiefs part number and told them I wanted that in Titan II.
[snapback]44328[/snapback]
Oh man... Good luck... Your dealer messed it up with the original order allready... I keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 10-13-2004, 08:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Oct 13 2004, 06:28 PM
[quote name='kigerka' date='Oct 13 2004, 06:26 PM']I know, that is what I told them so I am curious if they are looking at the right part?? I called them instead of going there.? I gave them the Chiefs part number and told them I wanted that in Titan II.
Oh man... Good luck... Your dealer messed it up with the original order allready... I keep my fingers crossed for you!
[snapback]44333[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks. I did remind them that I had Titan II not Poplar wood.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Oct 13 2004, 06:30 PM
[quote name='Iceman' date='Oct 13 2004, 06:28 PM'][quote name='kigerka' date='Oct 13 2004, 06:26 PM']I know, that is what I told them so I am curious if they are looking at the right part?? I called them instead of going there.? I gave them the Chiefs part number and told them I wanted that in Titan II.
[snapback]44333[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks. I did remind them that I had Titan II not Poplar wood.
[snapback]44335[/snapback]
[/quote]
Maybe they order it in light poplar wood with the cubby hole...
Old 10-13-2004, 09:02 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I just got back from the dealer parts dept and they didn't know which to order so the nice fellow ordered two different part numbers for me which he thought could be "it". Some numbers were mentioned on the board here but he found different ones so we'll see what happens. Didn't cost me anything yet. I'm guessing one will have a hole and one won't although he did ask if I had NAV or not. We'll see in a week or two -- or maybe 2 days if the parts are in stock which I doubt it.

Has anyone sucessfully ordered, gotten the right part, and installed it? It's an easy DIY job just to get the right damn number. BMW is so confusing.
Old 10-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 525i '97 M3

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Oct 13 2004, 12:02 PM
I just got back from the dealer parts dept and they didn't know which to order so the nice fellow ordered two different part numbers for me which he thought could be "it". Some numbers were mentioned on the board here but he found different ones so we'll see what happens. Didn't cost me anything yet. I'm guessing one will have a hole and one won't although he did ask if I had NAV or not. We'll see in a week or two -- or maybe 2 days if the parts are in stock which I doubt it.

Has anyone sucessfully ordered, gotten the right part, and installed it? It's an easy DIY job just to get the right damn number. BMW is so confusing.
[snapback]44350[/snapback]
I'm very interested in adding wood in the front and rear (dual lighter socket) panel. I'd too be curious in know how hard it is to DYI...
Old 10-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by martymoose' date='Oct 13 2004, 09:09 AM
[quote name='Lomag' date='Oct 13 2004, 12:02 PM']I just got back from the dealer parts dept and they didn't know which to order so the nice fellow ordered two different part numbers for me which he thought could be "it". Some numbers were mentioned on the board here but he found different ones so we'll see what happens. Didn't cost me anything yet. I'm guessing one will have a hole and one won't although he did ask if I had NAV or not. We'll see in a week or two -- or maybe 2 days if the parts are in stock which I doubt it.

I'm very interested in adding wood in the front and rear (dual lighter socket) panel. I'd too be curious in know how hard it is to DYI...
[snapback]44352[/snapback]
[/quote]

Same here...so excited that wood will be there soon!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by stormace' date='Oct 13 2004, 11:52 AM
[quote name='martymoose' date='Oct 13 2004, 09:09 AM'][quote name='Lomag' date='Oct 13 2004, 12:02 PM']I just got back from the dealer parts dept and they didn't know which to order so the nice fellow ordered two different part numbers for me which he thought could be "it". Some numbers were mentioned on the board here but he found different ones so we'll see what happens. Didn't cost me anything yet. I'm guessing one will have a hole and one won't although he did ask if I had NAV or not. We'll see in a week or two -- or maybe 2 days if the parts are in stock which I doubt it.

[snapback]44352[/snapback]
[/quote]

Same here...so excited that wood will be there soon!
[snapback]44377[/snapback]
[/quote]

I just ordered the part. Dealer needed my VIN number to verify the right color of wood and dash options, i.e. DVD or not cubby or not. The part includes the plastic above the wood console that we are looking for.

He called BMW before ordering. I think it will be a while since the MY05E60 is not yet in showrooms here in CA. There was no inventory available. I guess if enough of us order them then they will manufacture and stock accordingly.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

What part number did they order?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 13 2004, 03:08 PM
I just ordered the part. Dealer needed my VIN number to verify the right color of wood and dash options, i.e. DVD or not cubby or not. The part includes the plastic above the wood console that we are looking for.

He called BMW before ordering. I think it will be a while since the MY05E60 is not yet in showrooms here in CA. There was no inventory available. I guess if enough of us order them then they will manufacture and stock accordingly.
[snapback]44406[/snapback]

What price did he quote you?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by wassy' date='Oct 13 2004, 02:04 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 13 2004, 03:08 PM']

[snapback]44406[/snapback]

What price did he quote you?
[snapback]44434[/snapback]
[/quote]

!@#$ I new you guys would ask about the part number. Sorry, I was out of there so fast.

There are so many different part numbers for this, one for each combo of wood color and options

I think it was $138 US

Quick Reply: New wood piece on center console