E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New wheels ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Well, after a very long delay courtesy Katrina, I have finally ordered my new wheels, style 135 rims with PS2's. Needless to say, I'm very excited about getting them. Should be in early next week. My dealer has the PS2s in stock asking $288 per tire. I checked Tirerack and they wanted $249 plus $35 shipping per tire so I'd only save $5 per tire, plus tax of course, but it's just easier do the one stop shopping.

Finally got pushed over the edge by getting something stuck in the tread in one of my OEM Goodyear's. Larger than a nail or screw, not really sure what it is. Road conditions are terrible here in New Orleans, lots of debris from trucks hauling away storm debris. Anyway, they have 23,000 miles on them. Figured I was looking at replacing all four tires anyway as I wasn't wasn't going to put on one new tire. I'll post a picture or two when I get them installed.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Congrats on the new rims
Old 05-05-2006, 03:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi kscarrol,

Glad to hear that you have came over the catastrophy!

You had Styling 116 wheels if I do not remember wrong.

Please send us some before and after pics as soon as you can.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

it seems like you do not have the M tech pack either .... so now it will be 2 of us

a little tease:
Attached Thumbnails New wheels ordered!-post_2049_1145539118_thumb.jpg  
Old 05-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Contributors

Peter, sweet picture! Yes, no M tech pack for me, pushing my luck with the wife getting the new wheels. Needless to say we have plenty of other things to spend money on right now. Thanks for the tease, I am very excited as I have had my eye these wheels for a long time now. Everyone says they look tough to keep clean, how are they? Can't be much worse than the style 116 wheel I have now.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 550-6spd

Double ditto on road conditions in NOLA. Things are getting better though.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Biff Trout' post='278600' date='May 5 2006, 07:45 PM
Double ditto on road conditions in NOLA. Things are getting better though.
True, it is getting better, but I'm actually amazed it took this long to have flat! I have friends who have had up to eight and have now bought their own repair kits...
Old 05-06-2006, 03:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 530i 2005 CarbonBlack Msports package Navi AC Schnizer T-4 Racing Forged BrexWhite Ring Titanium Tale Muffler Hella Harf Smoke Light

Everyone says they look tough to keep clean, how are they?

I use toothbrush with cloth to keep clean
Old 05-06-2006, 09:48 AM
MAK
Members

Hi kscarrol Great choice of wheels! I have the same rims and I spend about 5 mins on each wheel using a thin sponge for working round the inside of the rim. A bit fiddly but not too difficult unless you have hands like shovels. I combine this with a "Black Magic Pro- Clean Spoke Brush" which gets in between the spokes as it suggests and also loosens any grime on the inside of the rim. The bottom line is it is not a hassle and I'm sure you will find the same. Enjoy!!
P.S. I am in the UK but I notice the company that make the brush Sopus Products have an office in Houston TX. So I imagine you can get it in the U.S.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MAK' post='278779' date='May 6 2006, 12:48 PM
Hi kscarrol Great choice of wheels! I have the same rims and I spend about 5 mins on each wheel using a thin sponge for working round the inside of the rim. A bit fiddly but not too difficult unless you have hands like shovels. I combine this with a "Black Magic Pro- Clean Spoke Brush" which gets in between the spokes as it suggests and also loosens any grime on the inside of the rim. The bottom line is it is not a hassle and I'm sure you will find the same. Enjoy!!
P.S. I am in the UK but I notice the company that make the brush Sopus Products have an office in Houston TX. So I imagine you can get it in the U.S.
Thanks MAK. I didn't think they would be to bad. I all ready have several brushes to deal w/ my 116 wheels.

Quick Reply: New wheels ordered!