E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Umnitza M-Tech Replica Front Bumper Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
The kit looks identical to an Mtech kit, if a lip will fit it like they claim then chances are the fitment is gonna be pretty decent, I have seen very few complaints regarding the M5tech kits Trinity/Umnitza sells so far. Also how many people are going to be able to tell the difference between an OEM Mtech and a replica Mtech such as the one being sold they look identical. I have the M5tech front bumper which is obvious to anyone that knows anything about BMWs isn't an M5 bumper, it has foglights! lol, but I still get asked all the time if my car is an M5. I would rather spend the $500 on upgrading my wheels or stereo system or any other mod, but that is just me. However, kudos to you for preferring OEM parts over replicas... unfortunately it just isn't in some peoples budgets.

and OP congrats on you're purchase I'm sure it will look beautiful!
fitment is not the same but to each their own
Old 06-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by constant
LOL, different strokes I guess. I specifically was looking for a M-tech replica that fit LCI to get rid of those reflectors. The whole reason I got a new front bumper to begin with is due to a hit-and-run, where someone clipped my front bumper just enough to rip off the reflector and thin plastic strip surrounding it. Had it not been there, I could have just had the bumper repainted.
I know right? I have never heard of people actually wanting to HAVE reflectors, lol.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I know right? I have never heard of people actually wanting to HAVE reflectors, lol.
Maybe it's just in case he ever wants to take his car for a walk at night.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc

I actually like those red reflectors on lower section of the rear bumper.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Maybe it's just in case he ever wants to take his car for a walk at night.
Lol, with a leash!

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
I actually like those red reflectors on lower section of the rear bumper.
I have always been on the fence about them. I guess either is okay for me. My OEM was color matched, and that was cool. Now I have Mtech, so I don't even have that part anymore. With that said, I think it would be butt ugly to have reflectors on the Mtech rear.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

Have to agree with you about the rear reflector on the Mtech. It would be a bit out of place. As for the original bumper, mine came with that part painted but I bought the reflectors from a member here to have a different look, at least in my eyes. Probably will put the painted ones back soon. Once in awhile, I switch back and forth on my grills also. Gloss black then chrome ones just to remind myself what my car really look like.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Yah, the grilles are a toughie for me. Perhaps I am a fickle creature, but I can't seem to settle down on a look or combination of.

With my stock hood, I think it looks better with black bezel and chrome slants, but with my vented hood, I think all black matches better.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Thanks for posting live photos. Hopefully you'll have it installed soon.

We have about 10ish bumpers left on this style.

PS: it took 2 months because a) it was a pre-order b) our shipper left it off the manifest twice
Old 06-30-2011, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Bump for installed photos
Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Members

Sorry for the delay - it could be a while since I'm waiting for the Rieger rear bumper to arrive from Europe and get them painted together. More waiting.

Quick Reply: New Umnitza M-Tech Replica Front Bumper Pics