E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Umnitza M-Tech Replica Front Bumper Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

Looks like a good rep. Much nicer then m5tech imo.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
The thing I'm most curious about is if a lip will fit these replicas.
which lip?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

I had this bumper long time ago two years ago and first to try this on the forum.

it is actually from DDM tuning
http://www.ddmtuning.com/product.php?II=111

Fitment is ok. Not perfect like oem. no need to get different screw or use different bracket. you can just use regular screw and bracket already on the stock bumper.
OEM parts will fit in this bumper without any problem so you can get brake duct from dealer and install it without any problem.

I had replica lip on that bumper and it fits well. so no need to get one that is specific for that one.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
So what you are saying is Trinity does carry this product. (Double negative)

It was late at night when...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by D33ZNUT5
So what you are saying is Trinity does carry this product. (Double negative)
No they dont and from what Joe has said they dont intend on carrying it either

honestly a full rep mtech kit is $900 and you can get a real OEM mtech for about $1400

$500 extra is a good savings but a rep is a rep and everytime I look at my car, i like to smile to the fact that I didnt cheap out on any of the parts that are on it

that I treated a 65k bmw like a 65k bmw and put quality wheels, suspension, exhaust etc on it

id still buy OEM mtech over this
Old 06-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
No they dont and from what Joe has said they dont intend on carrying it either

honestly a full rep mtech kit is $900 and you can get a real OEM mtech for about $1400

$500 extra is a good savings but a rep is a rep and everytime I look at my car, i like to smile to the fact that I didnt cheap out on any of the parts that are on it

that I treated a 65k bmw like a 65k bmw and put quality wheels, suspension, exhaust etc on it

id still buy OEM mtech over this
The kit looks identical to an Mtech kit, if a lip will fit it like they claim then chances are the fitment is gonna be pretty decent, I have seen very few complaints regarding the M5tech kits Trinity/Umnitza sells so far. Also how many people are going to be able to tell the difference between an OEM Mtech and a replica Mtech such as the one being sold they look identical. I have the M5tech front bumper which is obvious to anyone that knows anything about BMWs isn't an M5 bumper, it has foglights! lol, but I still get asked all the time if my car is an M5. I would rather spend the $500 on upgrading my wheels or stereo system or any other mod, but that is just me. However, kudos to you for preferring OEM parts over replicas... unfortunately it just isn't in some peoples budgets.

and OP congrats on you're purchase I'm sure it will look beautiful!
Old 06-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

That bumper looks fantastic. Hopefully it fits well.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW M5

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
I don't think Trinity doesn't carry this product yet hence the request by Umnitza for the early deposit.

trinity sells m-tech oem, but not replica

http://www.trinityautosport.com/mtec...ries-p-94.html

i actually prefer the m5 replica bumper by trinit. IMO it looks more aggressive and people have been saying the fitment is excellent even without m5 fenders.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
The kit looks identical to an Mtech kit, if a lip will fit it like they claim then chances are the fitment is gonna be pretty decent, I have seen very few complaints regarding the M5tech kits Trinity/Umnitza sells so far. Also how many people are going to be able to tell the difference between an OEM Mtech and a replica Mtech such as the one being sold they look identical. I have the M5tech front bumper which is obvious to anyone that knows anything about BMWs isn't an M5 bumper, it has foglights! lol, but I still get asked all the time if my car is an M5. I would rather spend the $500 on upgrading my wheels or stereo system or any other mod, but that is just me. However, kudos to you for preferring OEM parts over replicas... unfortunately it just isn't in some peoples budgets.
On the LCI cars, the OEM bumper has cutouts for the side marker reflectors - I couldn't find a replica that had this. Another reason why I chose OEM over replica was because of the grille inserts (I needed the parts for NV). No vendor I spoke with said they could provide this modification. The OEM kit gave me all this plus a ton of extra parts that I can either keep or resell.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka
On the LCI cars, the OEM bumper has cutouts for the side marker reflectors - I couldn't find a replica that had this. Another reason why I chose OEM over replica was because of the grille inserts (I needed the parts for NV). No vendor I spoke with said they could provide this modification. The OEM kit gave me all this plus a ton of extra parts that I can either keep or resell.
LOL, different strokes I guess. I specifically was looking for a M-tech replica that fit LCI to get rid of those reflectors. The whole reason I got a new front bumper to begin with is due to a hit-and-run, where someone clipped my front bumper just enough to rip off the reflector and thin plastic strip surrounding it. Had it not been there, I could have just had the bumper repainted.

Quick Reply: New Umnitza M-Tech Replica Front Bumper Pics