E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New toys from Germany arrived!!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:28 AM
lim
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60

what is covering the speakers; is it just the mesh-y spongy stuff?
Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lim
what is covering the speakers; is it just the mesh-y spongy stuff?
Seems your standard grill cloth material on a mesh framed insert.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by mannynj
No, Nelson. Not in yet. I let go of the TRU amps to the buyer of the Max. Doing a single Zapco Reference DC(likely 1000.4) to bypass the need of a separate processor, get my L/R EQ and T/A. For sub, not decided yet. For the interim, i have a DIYMA 12" just to get install moving asap and tune the fronts, but would like to do an IB Dynaudio MW190 down the line behind the armrest.

Do you have any bare trunk pics you can share?
Manny, i might be wrong but i though the zapco DSP couldnt summed the factory signal. Im actually in the middle of redoing my system. I got a 4100 from Don the other day and will be running the esotar sub in IB behind the armrest.

Here's a thread of my installation i did 3 years ago. Do you recognize the rainbow sub

https://5series.net/forums/topic/422..._1#entry445524
Old 08-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

Given my recent motivation to upgrade my sound system, I'm gonna tag this thread also.. Manny, it looks like you've sourced some crazy hardware from Germany. Nelson is gonna be helping and advising me regarding my own sound upgrades in the next few months. I can't wait to have a stereo that kicks a little ass!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Members

Damn, Nelson. Those pics make me want to step up my driver game and I haven't even installed these yet

I didnt know that whole back wall opens up like that. Was that Vanadium driver IB or sealed? If so ,Do you have a pick of the rear of the baffle?

I'm trying to keep this setup as simple as possible, yet have the T/A and EQ to optimize it. So DC's made sense.
I figured i could dump the spare to lose the weight and setup the DC's in the well like you did in that build if i end up going that route.

Thought we could just wire up a simbilink run tapped into the HU. I can always deviate to an MS8 and go budget on smaller amps that are stashable friendly (zapco studio x's).
Old 08-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Manny, The vanadium is in a sealed box, ill post more installation pictures later today. i have it in a thread somewhere in the forums. Dont know a lot about how the symblink works with our cars. You might wanna contact VP Electricity over e90post, i know he has install a couple of zapco amps.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Old 08-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

No, Nelson. Not in yet. I let go of the TRU amps to the buyer of the Max. Doing a single Zapco Reference DC(likely 1000.4) to bypass the need of a separate processor, get my L/R EQ and T/A. For sub, not decided yet. For the interim, i have a DIYMA 12" just to get install moving asap and tune the fronts, but would like to do an IB Dynaudio MW190 down the line behind the armrest.

Do you have any bare trunk pics you can share?
I just bought 2 DIYMA 12's as well, one to go in the e60 and one as spare
Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cleung
I just bought 2 DIYMA 12's as well, one to go in the e60 and one as spare
Nice. Its been a solid sub, it always finds its way to hold me over between projects. The one i have is in a 1.0 cu/ft sealed box, but the driver has a MINT motor finish on the behind. I always considered going IB if I had enough DSP to tune the sub, since its has such a great looking arse with that polished plate, stacked magnets.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

Nice. Its been a solid sub, it always finds its way to hold me over between projects. The one i have is in a 1.0 cu/ft sealed box, but the driver has a MINT motor finish on the behind. I always considered going IB if I had enough DSP to tune the sub, since its has such a great looking arse with that polished plate, stacked magnets.
Yeah I love the look of the magnet as well, I was planning to do mine in a sealed box as well but with a plexi back-side to the box to show off the magnet.

Quick Reply: New toys from Germany arrived!!! :)