E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Stoppers

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i

Finally hit Trinity Autosport up for brakes/pads (R1's and Posi Quiets) as everyone spoke highly of them. Thanks Nerweezy! (Looking forward the other stuff getting here. Anyway, of course the install was stupid easy since I know how to change all the stuff and had completed 3 out 4 corners in less than 90 minutes buuuuuuut, corner number 4 OMG I couldnt get the freaking retaining screw out to release the rotor. Sprayed lub, let it sit for 30 minutes. Tried a butane can on it, no luck. Had to go to my local repair shop that has never touched my car and after an hour and 45 minutes of trying various things, they melted the bitarch off. About 4 hours was committed to that alone!!! Didnt have my camera to take a pic, but it was ugly. Anyway, I am very happy with the packaging, the extra parts that ship with the rotors, and everything fit properly. No squeal (I sprayed the you know what out of the back of the pads!) Here are some comparison shots.
Attached Thumbnails New Stoppers-dsc00798.jpg   New Stoppers-dsc00797.jpg   New Stoppers-dsc00795.jpg   New Stoppers-dsc00796.jpg   New Stoppers-dsc00793.jpg  

Old 07-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

Very nice! I'm interested in how they wear/break in. Keep us updated! BTW now's the time paint up those calipers!
Old 08-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Members

Very nice , how does the braking feel now?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Members

OMG trust me, I was SERIOUSLY considering painting the calipers but I really didnt feel up to all the prep work. It would look sooooo much better. If I can find the 'BMW Motorsport' stickers and some clear to shoot over it, I will most likely do it. Those calipers really make it look ugly. I really need some new wheels as these AG M310's hub needs the hub centric rings and when I the wheels and tires high speed balanced not that long ago, it ran about 90% smoother, but now that I had to change the rotors, I had no place to mark the rotor to the rim. So the brakes feel so much better, but I have steering wobble again. sucks!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:51 PM
Senior Members

Let us know how the braking feels after a couple of days, i just removed my hawk pads and replaced them with OEM last night. Just wasnt feeling the bite after 4k miles. I did however keep the R1s!! love the drilled/slotted look
Old 08-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure to give feedback on those Posi-quiets....I just ordered a set to put on this week. I gotta get riid of these horrid OEM pads and the dust.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Members
Senior Members

Just finished the install of the Centric Posi-Quiet ceramic brake pads and drove about 30 miles to bed them in. Rotors were in good shape with probably 15-20k miles on them, so no change there. New $5 sensors from Rock Auto and zero issues. Nice, smooth predictable stops with no jerking like the metallics. Yes, initial bite isn't there, but I will easily adjust to it. Best of all, NO DUST!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Members
Senior Members

i recently got the posi quiet pads with my stock rotors and they make squeaking noise very often only when i come to a stop does this happen to you sometimes its so loud i get embarrassed i drove 2k on them already
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

No squeaking as of yet, but l made sure I slathered a nice helping of anti-squeal lube on all of the contact points of the pad, caliper and piston within the caliper. Did you do this?
Old 08-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jim165
No squeaking as of yet, but l made sure I slathered a nice helping of anti-squeal lube on all of the contact points of the pad, caliper and piston within the caliper. Did you do this?
yes although i did not put alot of anti-squeal but the noise will still come back after you drive a little cars like the e60 do not like aftermarket pads one reason i got them was for the low dust and the price but i will take them off and put oem back om when winter comes cause ceramics are not good in the rain

Quick Reply: New Stoppers