E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Pulleys...WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I recently purchased the RPI Pulleys from Trinity Autosport. I received them on Friday. I had them installed today. One word...AMAZING! There is no question this is the other best bang for your buck (Sprint Booster being the other . The one thing our cars lack is torque, especially on the low end. Well, this completely changes that. The car is totally different. It pulls with such force now. I even let my mechanic drive it and he has driven my car on a few occassions (He also happens to own an M3 and know's more about BMW's than most dealerships). He too, immediately said "wow!".

So with that, thank you Trinity/Joe!! I love the new pulleys. What a difference!!!

Now for the funny part...

As I exited the shop, I was behind a slow poke. As we made a left turn at the light, I moved around him, hit the M button and took off. I had too!!!! Hahahaha! Anyway, I started thinking about how there is normally a cop that hangs out at that corner where I turned and how I didn't bother to look this time. Well, low and behold, he was there. Sure enough, as I'm half way down the block, I decide to look in my rear view mirror and he pulls out. I then get caught at a red light and he just pulls up behind me, but doesn't turn his lights on. I look in my mirror and see him pointing for me to pull over. I wave and kindly oblige. Hahahaha!

He comes up to the window, asks me if I'm in a hurry (which I was...had to pick up the wife at her office tonight). He then proceeds to tell me my tint level is questionable, my insurance card has expired and I have no front plate. So let's see... That would be:

1) Wreckless Driving
2) Speeding (although my V1 was silent, so he'd have a hard time proving that).
3) No Insurance
4) Illegal Tint
5) No Front Plate

LOL!!!!

He finally returns, hands me my stuff back, tells me to fax in my latest insurance card and hands me a ticket for my front plate. No moving violation tickets(thank god!) and no tint ticket. Ah yeah baby!

And that's the story of the day!

/C
Old 10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Hahaha, you are having too much damn fun in that car C.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Wow, congrats on the new mod....and an even bigger for dodging the bigger fine/ticket and just walking away with a front plate violation. But what did you really do to get out of this ticket

Happy and safe motoring C
Old 10-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='686785' date='Oct 6 2008, 03:43 PM
Hahaha, you are having too much damn fun in that car C.
I have to agree, you and that M5 have been trouble
Old 10-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Sounds you are having too much fun. Are you going to go mod crazy and do all 3 sections like ECF?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='686791' date='Oct 6 2008, 06:47 PM
Sounds you are having too much fun. Are you going to go mod crazy and do all 3 sections like ECF?

Who's the girl in your picture??
Old 10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Saphire/Black Dakota Leather- Loaded- M5 Appearance Package, Sport Package, Pro logic 7 Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Package, Heads-up Display, park Distance Control, Bluetooth, Active Steering, Electric Rear Sunshade, Rear Folding Seats, Front/Rear Heated Seats, Xenon lights, Satelite Radio- Extended Maintenance, CPO (Considering Tire/Wheel Insurance)

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='686781' date='Oct 6 2008, 06:37 PM
I recently purchased the RPI Pulleys from Trinity Autosport. I received them on Friday. I had them installed today. One word...AMAZING! There is no question this is the other best bang for your buck (Sprint Booster being the other . The one thing our cars lack is torque, especially on the low end. Well, this completely changes that. The car is totally different. It pulls with such force now. I even let my mechanic drive it after and he has driven my car on a few occassions (He also happens to own an M3 and know's more about BMW's than most dealerships). He too, immediately said "wow!". So with that, thank you Trinity/Joe!!

Now for the funny part...

As I exited the shop, I was behind a slow poke. As we made a left turn at the light, I moved around him, hit the M button and took off. I had too!!!! Hahahaha! Anyway, I started thinking about how there is normally a cop that hangs out at that corner where I turned and how I didn't bother to look this time. Well, low and behold, he was there. Sure enough, as I'm half way down the block, I decide to look in my rear view mirror and he pulls out. I then get caught at a red light and he just pulls up behind me, but doesn't turn his lights on. I look in my mirror and see him pointing for me to pull over. I wave and kindly oblige. Hahahaha!

He comes up to the window, asks me if I'm in a hurry (which I was...had to pick up the wife at her office tonight). He then proceeds to tell me my tint level is questionable, my insurance card has expired and I have no front plate. So let's see... That would be:

1) Wreckless Driving
2) No Insurance
3) Tint
4) No Front Plate

LOL!!!!

He finally returns, hands me my stuff back, tells me to fax in my latest insurance card and hands me a ticket for my front plate. No moving violation ticket and no tint ticket. Ah yeah baby!

And that's the story of the day!

/C
Being that we spoke immediately following your "incident", I must admit that you are one lucky ass Charmenian! LOL
Old 10-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

You're one lucky son-of-beached whale! I get a ticket for going 1MPH over the speed limit, but here you go galavanting IN FRONT of a cop and all you get is a number to fax your ins card to!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Contributors

C - you lucked out this time! What's a minor MV infraction in NY cost these days?

After all, as a tax-payer you have to work extra hard to maintain your Governors' hookers' life-style (yes, I meant plural for GovernorS' & hookerS)
Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by gregg2gs' post='686829' date='Oct 6 2008, 04:34 PM
Who's the girl in your picture??
thats my girlfriend, can you believe the nerve of him? using my girlfriend as his avatar!!