E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NEW PICS!!!..... Shout out to TRINITY (Skirts)

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by b00sted415
The only rubbing I have is in the left rear but that's minor only. The tire hits the inner liner but minor. My fenders are rolled in the rear but not the front. Are your fenders rolled in the front? I want to raise my car a bit more but currently I can't because H&R coilovers do not allow you to raise past the 1.2" at least in the front. In the rear I can keep raising it but not the front . I wanted to put 15mm in the back and 10mm in the front. I currently only have 12mm in the rear.
Nope not rolled up front..... Damn that sucks you can raise up front, you want it raised to put the spacers or just because?.... When I wanted spacers I was just like you I didn't know what would fit and didn't want to buy the wrong thing. Do what I did take one 12 off the rear bolt you tire back on with the stock studs. Take the studs that you just took off and put them up front only on 1 wheel tighten it up not to much but good enough (DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR!!!!!). Turn the car on move the steering wheel around right to left and see what you're clearances are. Also check with your finger with the wheel str8 to see if you have enough room for any travel that the car it's going to do while driving. If its not enough u need a smaller spacer. I would play it safe if your not changing tire sizes and all that. Last thing you wanna do is go to big and buckle your fender it can happen. It won't be dead on but you should get it right. The difference between 10 and 12mm is about a nickel that was my guide. I tried the ruler with the tape thing but that didn't get me anywhere. I wanted to go 15 rear so I drove into the entrance at my job which has a decline into an incline. You can use a speed bump at an angle (which makes one side compress) I couldn't fit 2 nickels into the space on the compressed side so I decided not to do it. Sorry for the essay, lol.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20

Originally Posted by Bill109
Car looks really good and clean! not to mention shiny
a 5'er with a full m5 kit but kept with the existing 5 series badge... (ex. 525,545 etc) i personally can fully appreciate that
Good lookin out.... I see you get what I'm saying, sometimes I want to do a rear and mirrors but sometime I'm like Nah ill pass. I guess when I start to get bored those will be some things to consider. I have a couple other things to get in the mod bag tho. JUST A COUPLE!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

Originally Posted by Quarta2six
Nope not rolled up front..... Damn that sucks you can raise up front, you want it raised to put the spacers or just because?.... When I wanted spacers I was just like you I didn't know what would fit and didn't want to buy the wrong thing. Do what I did take one 12 off the rear bolt you tire back on with the stock studs. Take the studs that you just took off and put them up front only on 1 wheel tighten it up not to much but good enough (DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR!!!!!). Turn the car on move the steering wheel around right to left and see what you're clearances are. Also check with your finger with the wheel str8 to see if you have enough room for any travel that the car it's going to do while driving. If its not enough u need a smaller spacer. I would play it safe if your not changing tire sizes and all that. Last thing you wanna do is go to big and buckle your fender it can happen. It won't be dead on but you should get it right. The difference between 10 and 12mm is about a nickel that was my guide. I tried the ruler with the tape thing but that didn't get me anywhere. I wanted to go 15 rear so I drove into the entrance at my job which has a decline into an incline. You can use a speed bump at an angle (which makes one side compress) I couldn't fit 2 nickels into the space on the compressed side so I decided not to do it. Sorry for the essay, lol.

I wanted to raise the front and add a 10mm spacer. I know I won't rub, I've measured it. I've been holding off on getting an aligment mainly because I wasn't 100% sure I was going to stay with these coilovers. I'm looking at what options I have at the moment. I might end up going with KW and selling these coilovers but not sure yet. Good information is always good so no worries on the essay , thanks!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:30 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by b00sted415
I wanted to raise the front and add a 10mm spacer. I know I won't rub, I've measured it. I've been holding off on getting an aligment mainly because I wasn't 100% sure I was going to stay with these coilovers. I'm looking at what options I have at the moment. I might end up going with KW and selling these coilovers but not sure yet. Good information is always good so no worries on the essay , thanks!
If you know it will fit I would pull the trigger, I don't know much about coil overs besides what I've read. KW seems to be the way to go around here I've also seen some other options some people say KW is expensive compared to other brands. I would do it.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 M5
Model Year: 2010
Engine: S85

If you know it will fit I would pull the trigger, I don't know much about coil overs besides what I've read. KW seems to be the way to go around here I've also seen some other options some people say KW is expensive compared to other brands. I would do it.
I'm on the fence at the moment KW or CKS,
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60 530i, upgrades: Magnaflow exhaust, Mtec angel eyes and low beam head lights, Just purchased 172 style wheels, looking around for the best tires on Tire Rack now. R1 concepts rotors drilled/slotted. Saving for the M-style kit from Trinity Auto.

Car looks great! I plan on calling Trinity soon myself!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:28 PM
New Members

Those skirts are sweet!
Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Welcome to the club bro, I have had my Trinity sides for close to 4 years. Your car is looking really good, good stance to it. Congrats
Old 01-05-2013, 10:03 AM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Cal26Stang
Those skirts are sweet!
Thanks bro... Good fitment too!

Originally Posted by pjinca
Welcome to the club bro, I have had my Trinity sides for close to 4 years. Your car is looking really good, good stance to it. Congrats
Thought this thread was dead... Yea Im late in the game on the skirts havent had my car that long though. I was working on some other things before I decided to get em. Thanks on the compliments I want to go wider though for some reason. I think a little in the front. Been fighting with myself whether or not to do it.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Thought this thread was dead... Yea Im late in the game on the skirts havent had my car that long though. I was working on some other things before I decided to get em. Thanks on the compliments I want to go wider though for some reason. I think a little in the front. Been fighting with myself whether or not to do it.
Lol, no worries, it's not a race to see who can finish their car first. Take your time, enjoy your car, and know one thing: Now that the modding has started, it will never end. Even as I look for a replacement to my car soon I look at what I can mod on the next one.