E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Owner of a jet Black 545i Need help with performance mods

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hello to all the e60 owners I myself have finally become a owner of a 2005 545i, had a 323i as my first BMW when i was 21, then bought me 2003 MB E320 too soft so i traded it in for a 528i which i loved, and now finall I have 2005 a jet black, with black interior, sport package, 545i. I am in love. Dam is this car fast I love putting it on sport mode and the stptronic mode. Is amazing. I have not done a lot of mods and I will post a picture once it stops raining here in Chicago. The simple mods that i have put on my 545i are as follow xenon angel eyes, black grill, black emblems all around the car tinted taillights onl the red section. I am planning for more but mostly I am interested in performance mods so maybe you gys can help me.

1. I want a nice exhaust that gives you some significant performance and great sound, i been looking into eisemman and man does it sound amazing, one question though is this a good exhaust and if i get the dual eisemann exhaust would it give me a little more performance then jst getting the single exhuast? If not then what other exhast is great?

2. I also want an intake does anybody know where and which intake for the 545i is great? I cant seem to find one....

3. I also want a chip upgrade can anyone point me in the right direction? This one to me is the hardest....

4. Also are MRR wheels better then TSW, if so which wheels cost arond that range and dont weight too much. And would you recommend sticking with all black wheels or bright silver

5. And finally besides a supercharger what other ways not too complicated, can give me more performance.

Thank you all..
Old 04-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by kakorat' post='559542' date='Apr 11 2008, 03:17 PM
Hello to all the e60 owners I myself have finally become a owner of a 2005 545i, had a 323i as my first BMW when i was 21, then bought me 2003 MB E320 too soft so i traded it in for a 528i which i loved, and now finall I have 2005 a jet black, with black interior, sport package, 545i. I am in love. Dam is this car fast I love putting it on sport mode and the stptronic mode. Is amazing. I have not done a lot of mods and I will post a picture once it stops raining here in Chicago. The simple mods that i have put on my 545i are as follow xenon angel eyes, black grill, black emblems all around the car tinted taillights onl the red section. I am planning for more but mostly I am interested in performance mods so maybe you gys can help me.

1. I want a nice exhaust that gives you some significant performance and great sound, i been looking into eisemman and man does it sound amazing, one question though is this a good exhaust and if i get the dual eisemann exhaust would it give me a little more performance then jst getting the single exhuast? If not then what other exhast is great?

2. I also want an intake does anybody know where and which intake for the 545i is great? I cant seem to find one....

3. I also want a chip upgrade can anyone point me in the right direction? This one to me is the hardest....

4. Also are MRR wheels better then TSW, if so which wheels cost arond that range and dont weight too much. And would you recommend sticking with all black wheels or bright silver

5. And finally besides a supercharger what other ways not too complicated, can give me more performance.

Thank you all..
I can help you on the air intake, get the K&N and save the money on other mods.
The full CF intake cast way too much for just a couple of HP more and it would not go that much faster.
Get racing spark plugs too
If you what the car to be alive get the sprint booster.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, 1995 M3

Originally Posted by kakorat' post='559542' date='Apr 11 2008, 03:17 AM

Thank you all..
Save your money on the "Marketing" mods (exhaust , intake) and spend it on better wheels. You will get very little if any HP increase for the money you spend. Spend that money on high end (not made in China) lightweight wheels (BBS, O.Z., Fikse, Kinesis, Forgeline, etc.).

BP
Old 04-11-2008, 06:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr' post='559600' date='Apr 11 2008, 08:47 PM
Save your money on the "Marketing" mods (exhaust , intake) and spend it on better wheels. You will get very little if any HP increase for the money you spend. Spend that money on high end (not made in China) lightweight wheels (BBS, O.Z., Fikse, Kinesis, Forgeline, etc.).

BP
Old 04-11-2008, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

to the forum and congrats on your "new" car. When you get a chance update your prof info for your location. Local members might be able to help you out with vendors closer to you or better priced...
Old 04-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by Bad Bimr' post='559600' date='Apr 11 2008, 05:47 AM

BP
wrong. get a remap + SprintBooster +K&N drop in + free flow exhaust = you will feel a tremendous difference
Old 04-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='559696' date='Apr 11 2008, 10:29 AM
wrong. get a remap + SprintBooster +K&N drop in + free flow exhaust = you will feel a tremendous difference
Don't mean to hijack this thread... but does K&N alone make a difference? I've been having a hard time finding a customized AFE for my 04 545i.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

pm r1racer, he can get it customed for you to fit your 545i
Old 04-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='559696' date='Apr 11 2008, 11:29 PM
+1 go for it you will love it
Old 04-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Congrats on the new (to you) car and enjoy the forums!!

Quick Reply: New Owner of a jet Black 545i Need help with performance mods