E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New Mods for my 545 ( Large Pics 56K warning)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after much internal debate since I have a M5 on order I decided to go ahead and "lightly mod" my 545 for the year I wait. I went with ACS since I am very happy with my ACS components on my M3.

Did the front and rear ground effects and the trunk wing. Also had to get the ACS exhaust to match the rear facia. Also had some custom mats made by the guy who used to do them for Beverly Hills Motoring..saved plenty of money and they are the bomb! I included a picture from the ones he did for my //M as well.

Finally I had painted my calipers sometime ago and wanted to let you guys know that for the 20 bucks it cost and 3 hours to paint them was well worth it.

Enjoy!

Fight On and destroy the Cougars!
USC Trojans Number One and defending National Champions!

Old 10-29-2004, 07:35 PM
Senior Members

wow ! very nice ! so will you do another "lightly mod", change rims, in the near future ?
Old 10-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Contributors

Nice car. Wasn't fan of the rear apron at first, but it does look pretty good in person.

Definately get some rims bro, and the sport mirrors to finish it off.

You can sell me some parts after you upgrade.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i

Man, very nice car. i like it alot.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:05 PM
Senior Members

where did you have the work done and how much for each piece?
looks good!
Old 10-29-2004, 08:06 PM
Members

Definately get some rims bro, and the sport mirrors to finish it off.
I looked at rims for a month, I am very picky and I have not found a set I like. Probably just stay with the OEM/BBS rims. I know I will change the M5 rims I really do not like those....

Seems like every rim now has to have rivets or a huge chrome or polished lip...just not my style. Considered the current M5 rims...but whats the point I have 18" now.

Like I said...this is done...besides I have this...........

Old 10-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Members

ForceReconTrojan--Really nice setup How much for the custom mats and where did you have them done
Old 10-30-2004, 01:31 AM
Members

My Ride: delivery date 15 juli 2006 525d automatic ,mystic blue with black interior flachgewebe,titan, executive, vision line, styling 138 17" wheels, sports steeringwheel, bluetooth nokia 6310i, dimmed interior mirror,

I like the car is it all ac schnitzer and how much did you spend on it and are you going to change the rims

your car looks awesome
Old 10-30-2004, 01:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

That bood lip is nice, just like this kind of car should have. How about prices?

Skaffa
Old 10-30-2004, 06:45 AM
Members

Thanks for the comments............

Here are some answers...........

The mats were made by Carpet by Design 1-562-755-2842 ( ask for Jesse) tell them you saw mine and that Jon posted the information. He will take of you...he is the BEST.

The paint work was done by Bastoli, they do all the painting for West Coast Custom ( high-end only) and most of the euro tuners in the LA area. 310-261-9146 and if any of you have black or dark painted cars they also are the premier smoke light facility in the country.

As far as the ACS parts, I cannot tell you what you will pay because I got mine for free, as a lawyer I have represented some of these guys and we "barter" sometimes...this was one of those times.

Do not buy from CEC they will quote you list EVERY time...call EuroRev and get about 25% off of list price.

ACS is major bucks but the quality and fitment are the best I have seen ( I have seen alot) So I would not consider replica parts you see on Ebay. Installed them myself , it is that easy. It uses a special glue and the fitment is OEM. I used tape and about three hours later I was done.

EuroRev supplied a 525 ( Herb's) for the SEMA show for CEC and they put EVERY ACS part available on that 5, it has the full body kit, the suspension, exhaust, mirrors, CF interior ( a new weave) steering wheel, i-Drive button, window spoiler, mats and assorted trim pieces...whew! I saw most of it getting installed or painted and considering Herb already had the ACS 20" rims and 15" Brembo's I would say he has the most modded 5 on the planet at this point. He is planning on removing his iDrive ( not something I would do) and he already has done a ICE stereo installl....I will get him to post pictures after SEMA.

Hope this helps.......

Jon

Quick Reply: New Mods for my 545 ( Large Pics 56K warning)