E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week I posted a topic about the interior trims painting.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23745

Two months ago, i retofitted the Comfort seats and bluetooth connection wiring.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...2107&hl=athens

Now I'm ready to show you the final interior result, plus, the retrofitted Comfort seats and Bluetooth.

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3443_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3444_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3447_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3439_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3431_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3422_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3412_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3402_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3401_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3382_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3384_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3387_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3396_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3398_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3440_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3446_ir.jpg

New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat-dscn3395_ir.jpg
Old 03-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

she is cute!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

I am assuming by looking at the comfort seats that you retrofitted that they came out of a wrecked car. The active head rests have been fired. It is a rather involved process but you really need to correct those head rests. I have rebuilt comfort seats before so if you need information about the gas cartidges and how the carrage assemblies work just ask. If you examine the leather around the head rest posts you will notice that it appears pushed forward. I could be wrong but they look either fired or installed wrong if you bought the seats in piece part.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

One more thing...your seat belts tensioners also appear to have fired. Look at how the accordian style rubber is around the bottom of the buckle. Is your iDrive giving you PASS or Driver restaint system warnings? I don't know if you even care but I would hate to see you get into a wreck and assume that these systems will be there to protect you. All of these parts are available for you to buy...but you will need to download directions to make sure you install them correctly. I can tell you are technically handy so it should not be an issue for you. Later.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='263190' date='Apr 1 2006, 02:47 AM
I am assuming by looking at the comfort seats that you retrofitted that they came out of a wrecked car. The active head rests have been fired. It is a rather involved process but you really need to correct those head rests. I have rebuilt comfort seats before so if you need information about the gas cartidges and how the carrage assemblies work just ask. If you examine the leather around the head reest posts you will notice that it appears pushed forward. I could be wrong but they look either fired or installed wrong if you bouht the seats in piece part.
I know, the seller told me that they have been removed from a crash tested car at BMW Munich.
I don't know if i have to rebuild them because head restrain system is not supported by my car's electronic safety equipment.

Give me more informations about.

Thanks
Nick
Old 03-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 530D M SPORT - Silver

Great looking car!!!!!!!

Where did you get ///M door lock pins from?????
Old 03-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ledbettm' post='263194' date='Apr 1 2006, 02:53 AM
One more thing...your seat belts tensioners also appear to have fired. Look at how the accordian style rubber is around the bottom of the buckle. Is your iDrive giving you PASS or Driver restaint system warnings? I don't know if you even care but I would hate to see you get into a wreck and assume that these systems will be there to protect you. All of these parts are available for you to buy...but you will need to download directions to make sure you install them correctly. I can tell you are technically handy so it should not be an issue for you. Later.
No, belt tensioners are fully functioning, no doubt about it, no warnings, all safety electronic's tests are OK.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by j9sht' post='263196' date='Apr 1 2006, 03:00 AM
Great looking car!!!!!!!

Where did you get ///M door lock pins from?????
Here

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8044754940&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:DE:1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M-Tuerpins-fuer-BMW-E39-E46-E60-E61-E90-E87-usw_W0QQitemZ8051081628QQcategoryZ73047QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/M-Tuerpins-fuer-BMW-E39-E46-E60-E61-E90-E87-usw_W0QQitemZ8051081666QQcategoryZ73047QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 03-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='263197' date='Mar 31 2006, 07:04 PM
No, belt tensioners are fully functioning, no doubt about it, no warnings, all safety electronic's tests are OK.

In one of the pics they look like they have been fired. Anyway...the other reason to fix the head rests is so the leather will fit properly. If you do not want to use the actual safty feature you can simply remove the gas cartridge and place the carriage assembly back to its original position. This will at least give you a better look. Make sure that even though you are not getting warnings about the belts...that they have not fired. If you look at any other e60 you could tell the difference. In a few of the pics they look ok and in one they look fired.

Good work on the retrofit though. If you do get errors let me know. I have software that can reset the errors.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 530D M SPORT - Silver

Thanks for the info.

Out of interest do they disappear flush with the door when the car is locked like the original ones, or do they stick up even when the car is locked????

Quick Reply: New interior pictures with alu painted trims, retrofitted Comfort seat