E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New to the Forum; Questions,Questions,Questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I just bought my second BMW - E60 - 2004 525i; 55k; silver metallic; cold weather package.

Had a few questions and confirmations to make. The more information and input the more greatly your responses will be appreciated.

1) What angle eyes have gotten the best reviews across the forums?
Research: Umnitza Orion v2's?.Also have heard of hid angel eyes now?

2) What M5 kit would you guys recommend that is fairly priced but also close to OEM in quality.
Research: Duraflex offers the M5 kit for 686 shipped. Front bumper, Rear Bumper, side skirts.

3) One of the most complimentary mods every likes seems to be the rear Lci tails + Bruce V.1 cables + Ricky Brake effect.
Research: Who offers them at the lowest price for the combo?

4)what are cosmetic mods are popular among you guys?
Research: Carbon Fiber Lip: What brand?
Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills: What Brand?

5)I would like to lower the car on stock m5 rims, as aggressively as I can, what spacers should I use and what it is fairly cheap when it comes to coilovers?
Research: 12mm Spacers all the around or 15mm in rears and 12mm up front. Seems like all coilovers are over 600 so the H&R race springs are the most popular option?

6)What can I change out as far as exterior lighting goes and what are the best brands to buy from?
Research: Orion V2's, Led Side markers(Brand though?).

7)What have people don't to retrofit the quad exhaust setup to the new m5 rear bumper. Could I swap out the rear section with that of an M5?.

Please guys confirm my research and if I'm misguided please feel free to guide me on the right track. Thank you all !
Old 05-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Members

anybody?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 AM
Members

I am new to the forum too and I also have a 04 525i. I am interested to see what kind of responses you get. I went with the MTEC V3 angel eyes because I didn't want to go through the hassle of installing the Orions. I am also going to go with the H&R sport springs. I am new to the mod and BMW game so I can't be much help but I didn't want to leave ya hangin.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bugsy525
I am new to the forum too and I also have a 04 525i. I am interested to see what kind of responses you get. I went with the MTEC V3 angel eyes because I didn't want to go through the hassle of installing the Orions. I am also going to go with the H&R sport springs. I am new to the mod and BMW game so I can't be much help but I didn't want to leave ya hangin.
Do you have any pictures of your v3's in day time? I'm thinking about getting them. How much did you pay for yours?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Members

They are being shipped to me right now. I don't have them installed yet. I got them for 180 from John at motorcepts
Old 05-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bugsy525
Thanks bud. Hopefully some of the heavy modders will chime in who have had to go through these steps. Btw the Mtecs angel eyes seem to be a viable alternative to many.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Members

I wanted to go with plug and plays because I frankly don't know jack and I figured it is a good place to start. I figure maybe once I get more comfortable doing more on my own maybe I will upgrade, but from what I have seen from others they will do just fine for now. After the AE and springs I might look to new wheels and tires next, move away from stock. I also want to do an AUX input so I can take the electronics out of the stoneage. A single CD changer just isnt going to cut it
Old 05-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by MFanatic 5
Hello everyone,

I just bought my second BMW - E60 - 2004 525i; 55k; silver metallic; cold weather package.

Had a few questions and confirmations to make. The more information and input the more greatly your responses will be appreciated.

Go Orion V2, if you don't want to attempt it yourself you can buy the entire housing now and probably sell your old lights. I had mtech v2 and they were barely visible in the sun, they really dont compare at all in terms of output with orions. Orions look amazing

2) What M5 kit would you guys recommend that is fairly priced but also close to OEM in quality.
Research: Duraflex offers the M5 kit for 686 shipped. Front bumper, Rear Bumper, side skirts.

Thats the one most of the people on the forum have, Trinity sells them

3) One of the most complimentary mods every likes seems to be the rear Lci tails + Bruce V.1 cables + Ricky Brake effect.

A member in Japan sells them for probably the best price, you can get Euro spec ones as well, the cables you can get directly from Bruce, I have the first v6.1 set and they are awesome. You can sometimes find them in the classifies for sale.

5)I would like to lower the car on stock m5 rims, as aggressively as I can, what spacers should I use and what it is fairly cheap when it comes to coilovers?
Research: 12mm Spacers all the around or 15mm in rears and 12mm up front. Seems like all coilovers are over 600 so the H&R race springs are the most popular option?

Its usually recommended to upgrade the shocks with springs otherwise the springs only can add wear and tear on the shocks. Many here have coilovers, myself I have Ksport coilovers, they run around 1k. I'm not sure on the exact spacer size.

6)What can I change out as far as exterior lighting goes and what are the best brands to buy from?

John at Motorsports has a wide range of entire LED options for interior and exterior, the license plate LED's add a nice touch.
7)What have people don't to retrofit the quad exhaust setup to the new m5 rear bumper. Could I swap out the rear section with that of an M5?.
You won't be able to retrofit a m5 exhaust on a 525 because it won't fit on the left side. I have a custom exhaust made, Remus has a quad exhaust as well as Umnitza for a pretty reasonable price.
Please guys confirm my research and if I'm misguided please feel free to guide me on the right track. Thank you all !
Old 05-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Members

Thank you very much sir,appreciate the advice.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by MFanatic 5
Hello everyone,

Plug and play, the ICE VXX are great.
for brightest, possible, the Orion V2 is the best. If you want, we also sell Projector60s full headlight replacements.

Stay far far away from Duraflex. Worst kit you can buy in terms of fitment, durability, and overall quality.
We offer a complete M5 style kit from $800-900 shipped.

We sell the tails, we have several options - www.umnitza.com - check out the headlights and lighting section.

we have matte black kidney grills for $49.99

Can't help you there, we have stayed away from suspensions.

We have the parts you're looking for on our site, please take a look.

We have a quad rear exhaust that fits great with our M5 bumper. Give it a looksee Or just call on Tuesday and talk to one of us.

Quick Reply: New to the Forum; Questions,Questions,Questions!!