E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New CF Roundel Stickers from Bimmian arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 DINAN 135 convertible

I was skeptical about how these would look. I worried that they would look exactly like what they are: a sticker stuck on top of the roundel. Well, I got all four wheels done, and they look awesome. The new Carbon Fiber ones Bimmian has are reflective and look like the real deal. I am waiting to put on the body roundels until I get my CF-esq front grills, so I can do those all at once. I'll update this thread when that happens in the next couple weeks.

Here are a couple pics (sorry for the camera phone quality):

This is how the sheet arrives (this is after I removed the wheel stickers). As you can see, they basically give you two complete sets, because they give you four stickers for each roundel. That helps, as I had to toss 4 of them while trying to get my wheel ones straight. I may have some left over, however, in case anyone wants them. I started with the wheels first for practice. They are super-thin and difficult to get lined up, but with a little practice, they look perfect.

Here's another pic of the first one I got finished:

Some may think it is a BMW sin to cover up the blue, but on my TiAg car w/shadowline trim and tinted windows, I think this really makes it look stealth. I can't wait to get the rest on and for the new grills to arrive.

oh, and total cost for the stickers was about $30. You can get cheaper ones that are not CF or metallic. You also can combine the CF ones with white CF ones so that the entire roundel will look like CF. I passed on that look.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I had those. They peeled after some time, so I finally got real CF roundels. They look and work great though. Getting them all lined up can be a pain, but the end result is good.