E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A new bonnet for my girl...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

35 years of driving without a singl fender bender... and I got faked out at a stop sign when the guy in front of chickened out at the last second and slammed to a stop. At no more than 5mph his big SUV rear end hit at teh very top of my kidney's and it also bent the hood. That's what they make insurance for (even the insurance rep said they've made a lot of $$ on me over the years...).

So Andy Truong (aka Trader-Nas) at TDA Motorsports found me the VIS Penta CF hood. I'd never seen it on an e60 but thought why not so I brought it to the guys at Bavarian Motorsports and they put it all together. The CF finish was superb- stunning really and ready to install as is. But I didn't want that flash and needed it olor matched to my "mysticblau". It took some further sanding and filler-primer but they got it right. Doesn't fit perfectly and the side seams are too large but I'll play around with my side grills (they think it limits the fender roll in) and see if they can pull it in even more but I can live with this. I love the look of the vents and bulge. Seems to finish the aggressive look of the car and now when I see a "plain" e60 it looks naked (as most all of these mods do after you've done them to your car...).

Not great pictures but you get the point. I'd love to see any others out there that have gone this way.

PS: I'm not connected in any way to Andy- he's just an e60 lover and great seller - very responsive calling me 3-4 times with status and contacting Bavarian Motorsports to ensure shipping details and such.
Attached Thumbnails A new bonnet for my girl...-vis_penta_1.jpg   A new bonnet for my girl...-vis_penta_2.jpg   A new bonnet for my girl...-vis_penta_3.jpg   A new bonnet for my girl...-img_0480.jpg   A new bonnet for my girl...-img_0477.jpg  

A new bonnet for my girl...-img_0475.jpg  
Old 06-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

whoa.. new hood.. congrats! definitely something different.. your calipers look great too!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

The new hood looks awesome. I like it.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:42 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Hood takes some getting used to but please get rid of that red pinstripe running down your car...
Old 06-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by TAJARO' post='914449' date='Jun 17 2009, 10:36 AM
35 years of driving without a singl fender bender... and I got faked out at a stop sign when the guy in front of chickened out at the last second and slammed to a stop. At no more than 5mph his big SUV rear end hit at teh very top of my kidney's and it also bent the hood. That's what they make insurance for (even the insurance rep said they've made a lot of $$ on me over the years...).

So Andy Truong (aka Trader-Nas) at TDA Motorsports found me the VIS Penta CF hood. I'd never seen it on an e60 but thought why not so I brought it to the guys at Bavarian Motorsports and they put it all together. The CF finish was superb- stunning really and ready to install as is. But I didn't want that flash and needed it olor matched to my "mysticblau". It took some further sanding and filler-primer but they got it right. Doesn't fit perfectly and the side seams are too large but I'll play around with my side grills (they think it limits the fender roll in) and see if they can pull it in even more but I can live with this. I love the look of the vents and bulge. Seems to finish the aggressive look of the car and now when I see a "plain" e60 it looks naked (as most all of these mods do after you've done them to your car...).

Not great pictures but you get the point. I'd love to see any others out there that have gone this way.

PS: I'm not connected in any way to Andy- he's just an e60 lover and great seller - very responsive calling me 3-4 times with status and contacting Bavarian Motorsports to ensure shipping details and such.
Very nice!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:14 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

That hood looks great, sorry about the accident, but look at what you got out of it!! Not a fan of the pinstripes, but the brakes look fantastic.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:24 AM
Contributors

definately different from what we've been seeing
Old 06-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

I've had the pinstripes on 3 other BMWs and it seemed like a good idea at the time... I get that no one seems to like the pinstripes (red/auburn) but I've tried 3 different places to remove them inlcuding Bavarian and no one wants to touch it! They actually don't look as bad in person and many have complimented saying they pick up the look but to each his own.

The brakes I did when I first got the car 3 years ago and they still look awesome. Just detail the rotor hubs in clear spray after a fine wire wheel brush, do the calipers with Duplicolor in your choice of color (I like the roundel blue) and make sure to detail the clips/retainers in a good Eastwoods silver/gray and never paint teh back of your pads. Takes 30 minutes a corner when the car is new and last for years.

Thanks for the comments. I want to see more of the Penta out there!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

"i s"? looks a bit odd, don't ya think? The new "bonnet" is very nice looking!
Old 06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

It's unique. Enjoy your ride!

Quick Reply: A new bonnet for my girl...