E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New ADV.1 Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Just saw this pic of a new ADV.1 wheel from SEMA. Don't even know the model but I LOVE IT!! Don't see it on ADV.1's site either.

New ADV.1 Wheel-adv.1.jpg
Old 11-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

ADV has some of the best concave wheels styles out right now IMO, quality and finish is SICK as well

while I'm not a fan of split spokes, these look good and I could see why you'd swap your Neez's for these...

ADV-ten trac specs are my favorite wheels right now....(the wheels above look's like they are of the trac spec line as well, judging from the step lip I think I'm seeing)

thanx for sharing T
Old 11-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: check siggg

they look CONCAVE from this angle. i wonder how concave it really is
Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Contributors

They do have the step lip so I think it's part of the Trackspec line as well Gene. I've been admiring AngelSlayer's ADV-05 wheels but wanted another spoke or two and this fits the bill perfectly. I do like the ADV-TEN and ADV-5.2 Trackspecs too but I like the bolder spokes on these new wheels and I think the split gives it a touch of technical flavor to the design. I never did like any of those 10 spoke split wheels but I think six or seven is nice. Add the concavity and step lip and I think you have a winner.

Jasper, they are concave but the actual depth will depend on applications.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I love almost all ADV.1 concave wheels - and concave wheels in general. That said, this one kinda just looks like more of the same thing we've seen many times before, but with a slightly new twist... guess its just me.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I love almost all ADV.1 concave wheels - and concave wheels in general. That said, this one kinda just looks like more of the same thing we've seen many times before, but with a slightly new twist... guess its just me.
I actually haven't seen anything like this from other brands (Modulare, Rennen, DPE, Vorsteiner...). Can't tell for sure from this one pic but it seems like the spokes are straight line from lip to center hub which I prefer more than a curved line. And again, the step lip is probably what makes this more unique.

I think better pictures from different angels, and maybe even different finishes can show the real potential of these wheels.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
I actually haven't seen anything like this from other brands (Modulare, Rennen, DPE, Vorsteiner...). Can't tell for sure from this one pic but it seems like the spokes are straight line from lip to center hub which I prefer more than a curved line. And again, the step lip is probably what makes this more unique.

I think better pictures from different angels, and maybe even different finishes can show the real potential of these wheels.
Hey, possibly - I expected to be in the minority/singularity on this one. Anyway, what is so special about this lip?

One thing I can never disagree with - more pics would be awesome.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:46 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Hey, possibly - I expected to be in the minority/singularity on this one. Anyway, what is so special about this lip?

One thing I can never disagree with - more pics would be awesome.
I'm sure you're not in the minority and lots of others might think this wheel as bleh too. hahaha In all honesty, I think the Vorsteiner V308 is one of the hottest wheels but I guess I wanted to see something different than the mesh design.

What's special about this lip is that I don't think any of the other companies offer it with a concave design; only straight lips. I could be wrong.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Contributors

Saw another pic of another design. I'm actually more curious about the one to the left of this wheel that's off the picture. Looks like a solid 8 spoke design.

New ADV.1 Wheel-adv.1.2.jpg
Old 11-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Contributors

Get them.

Quick Reply: New ADV.1 Wheel