E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Never buy stuff from carcustomz

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

Originally Posted by ed1347' post='818053' date='Mar 16 2009, 03:45 AM
Bought this BMW [5-Series] E60 (04-07) Smoked Taillight Film Kit from carcustomz. They claimed it's computer cut for E60, but the fact is, it'll never fit on to the taillight. I didn't find out until I stick the flim on to the taillight, because of that, I won't get any refund. :thumbsdown:
I agree fully. I bought their crap a few months ago and it looked like sh*t when I applied it. Their customer service sucks arse also, took a month to get my order.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='818186' date='Mar 16 2009, 11:26 AM
I've actually purchased a lot of film from carcustomz and love their stuff. Here's the thing though... If you are not a professional tinter, I would not, repeat not, attempt to install any of their films yourself. Although they say you can, I would not recommend it. I attempted a job once and it didn't work out well. The last 3 times I've had a professional tinter install it and it's perfect.

I would actually recommend them. I use their film on my tails and on my headlight eyebrows.
Well then... there should be no complaints
Old 03-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

+1 carcustomz :thumbsdown: , purchased a tail light tint there also and I've had the same problem. It does not fit, the fitment sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've ordered one from lamin-x and I was able to install it myself, the fitment is better than carcustomz!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Members

I can't speak for the tail light tints but I used them for the turn signal tints for the tail lights and it came out great. I even did the install myself and I am not an experienced tint installer by any means, my only experience being on my previous car. That being said their customer service was TERRIBLE. I could not get them to respond to anything, emails, messages from their website, nothing worked. I reported them to American Express after trying to reach them for about a month and then what do you know, the next day my tints arrived. So if you order from them, be prepared to wait awhile for your product and not get ANY customer service from them.

Side by Side comparison -

Old 03-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Members

i tried this sticky films
they don't work and final results is ugly !
i'm trying to find the tinted covers from hard plastic that fits on the tail lights
with 3M adhesive but couldn't find it on the web ...
does anyone knows what i mean ?
or where can i find it
Old 05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Contributors

I purchased from carcustomz last month, had no reply to 4 emails I sent them.
Then opened a paypal dispute and they replied within 24 hours asking if I still want them to send the items i purchased, this is 10 days after i have paid for them and they had not been sent yet!
I said no, can i have my money back, they never replied so i escalated it to a claim and yesterday paypal emailed saying they have retrieved my money and I will have it in about 5 days time.

I only wanted to get the rear turn lights tinted, not the whole tail light.
Does any1 know where i can getthe tint film for just that part of the light?
I have tried lamin-x and they dont do it.

Regards Tom
Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by selbycy' post='868472' date='May 5 2009, 12:05 PM
I purchased from carcustomz last month, had no reply to 4 emails I sent them.
Then opened a paypal dispute and they replied within 24 hours asking if I still want them to send the items i purchased, this is 10 days after i have paid for them and they had not been sent yet!
I said no, can i have my money back, they never replied so i escalated it to a claim and yesterday paypal emailed saying they have retrieved my money and I will have it in about 5 days time.

I only wanted to get the rear turn lights tinted, not the whole tail light.
Does any1 know where i can getthe tint film for just that part of the light?
I have tried lamin-x and they dont do it.

Regards Tom

So, anyone know where i can get a tin tfilm for the tail lights?
Just want to cover the clear part? the indicator (UK) / turn signal (USA)
Old 05-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

Originally Posted by ed1347' post='818053' date='Mar 16 2009, 06:45 AM
Bought this BMW [5-Series] E60 (04-07) Smoked Taillight Film Kit from carcustomz. They claimed it's computer cut for E60, but the fact is, it'll never fit on to the taillight. I didn't find out until I stick the flim on to the taillight, because of that, I won't get any refund. :thumbsdown:
i bought the exact thing and i had the same problem with them... waste of my $25...
Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xxrap985xx' post='869742' date='May 6 2009, 05:17 PM
i bought the exact thing and i had the same problem with them... waste of my $25...
Did you buy the cover for the whole loght or just the clear part?
I found a website that will custom cut the film for the specific dimensions that you give them, i mite try them out but at the moment they donthave gun smoke, they only hav a light tint and I want to go as dark as possible on the clear part.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

Originally Posted by selbycy' post='869755' date='May 6 2009, 10:40 AM
Did you buy the cover for the whole loght or just the clear part?
I found a website that will custom cut the film for the specific dimensions that you give them, i mite try them out but at the moment they donthave gun smoke, they only hav a light tint and I want to go as dark as possible on the clear part.
i just got the turn signal tint.. and your right they are mad light you really couldnt notice the difference...

Quick Reply: Never buy stuff from carcustomz