E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Neon lamps

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 06:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by CoolTones' date='Oct 11 2005, 07:05 PM
As soon as they have a device to lazer zap a slow moving vehicle with a driver on his cell phone, I'm buying it!?

-Tony
[snapback]183003[/snapback]
COUNT ME IN!
Old 10-11-2005 | 06:22 PM
Contributors

I am pretty sure it is an april fool joke. Anyone who puts those in an e60 will definitely get a violation ticket for screwing his/her car ..just kidding..follow your wallet...it is your money and your taste...

But you should get a violation ticket!
Old 10-11-2005 | 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Fred1976,

Do whatever you want, as long as daddy's name isn't on the registration or insurance policy. Just PLEASE don't add a shopping cart spoiler to the back of the car... or 13" rims sticking half a foot out of the fender.
Old 10-11-2005 | 06:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 11 2005, 07:17 PM
[quote name='HaTe In Ur EyeZ' date='Oct 11 2005, 07:15 PM']i would rather like to get those angel eyes shown in that picture, how do you change to those from the factory halogen angle eyes
[snapback]183007[/snapback]

Those are original Angel eyes in the photo... its just that the pic was taken at a much slower shutter speed to capture more light...

BUT you can change the bulbs to whiter bulbs to get that effect...
[snapback]183008[/snapback]
[/quote]

Here you go the bulb is a Type: H6W but you'll have to do some research on how to reach into that bulb...
Attached Thumbnails Neon lamps-parking_light_bulb_socket___halogen.jpg  
Old 10-11-2005 | 07:02 PM
Contributors

Heres the car with blue angel eyes bulbs

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Roleez' date='Oct 12 2005, 10:24 AM
Fred1976,

Do whatever you want, as long as daddy's name isn't on the registration or insurance policy.? Just PLEASE don't add a shopping cart spoiler to the back of the car... or 13" rims sticking half a foot out of the fender.
[snapback]183013[/snapback]
Oh dear now you've given him some new ideas

But they are all right, is your money and is your call

By the way, please count me in for the laser zaping device when they come out onto the markey, I really need one of those.
Old 10-11-2005 | 08:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 11 2005, 11:02 PM
I have red blue and white.. It's JJ's from SF-Krew one of soc_fans friends
Old 10-11-2005 | 11:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Roleez' date='Oct 12 2005, 03:24 AM
Fred1976,

Do whatever you want, as long as daddy's name isn't on the registration or insurance policy.? Just PLEASE don't add a shopping cart spoiler to the back of the car... or 13" rims sticking half a foot out of the fender.
[snapback]183013[/snapback]
Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. I was actually interesting how the idea would be welcomed and you reacted exactly as I was expecting. I personaly prefer to have a very sober style and these neon lamps are looking actually a bit weird on the 5 (thanks for the pics by the way but I think this person has installed the other kit with leds, not neon). I sent this post after having actually seen the movie 2 fast and 2 furious and having seen that kits are available on the shops...
The fact is that I never saw such neon on ANY car here in western Europe so I was wondering.

My second question got no clear answer. My opinion, is that at least in France, this kind of device should not be very welcomed by policemen as they are also fighting against people that have number plates which are written in a different way than the official one. I also suppose that it may distract other drivers from driving when looking at your neons! :thumbsdown:

BTW, in the same category I place the illuminated BMW logo that BMW sell as genuine accesory for the door openings.

Other question about the look, that I taking more seriouly :

Have someone tried these paintwork protection systems. The dealer has proposed me to do this to get an extra warranty on the paintwork. It has to be done before the 6th month after the purchase. The name of the product is PROTECH. As the 6th month approach, I wonder what to do. At present the paintwork looks good and I have no idea if I should take the risk of putting an additionnal product on it now but at the same time, this treatment is proposed by the dealer so I suppose there is a certain kind of security in doing this...
Your opinions?

Well this is it. again thanks for your reactions.

Fred

Nota Bene : I would also be intersted in having your virtual device CoolTones! The last experience I have is a guy that broke suddently without any reasons in front of me. He has, as he said, mixed up the clutch and the brake pedal which is normally impossible as you should not use the same foot on each pedal. Surprisingly, he was chatting with someone on the cellphone when this occured. Thanks to the wonderfull brake system of the car, I was able to stop and thanks to low traffic, no one bumped me from behind but this kind of behaviour is really dangerous. Viva the bluetooth preparation!
Old 10-12-2005 | 12:05 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by donv' date='Oct 11 2005, 10:32 PM
Hi Fred:

How are things in France? We visit often and will be passing through over Xmas/New Years on the way to Belgium. If you like the look, then I'd go for it. But, I have no info on how to do the installation. Talk to the local police about the legality of the installation. I have no idea about the legality of the lighting either.
[snapback]182876[/snapback]
Well, France is going well even if our politicians are faced with big monetary problems. It seems that our top-of-the-range social security system is no more top-of-the-range and it get privatised more and more.
I think we will soon get the same system as in your country.

Apart from this, the roads in France are great (but speed limited with lots of controls now ). If you go once there in sommer time, try our "routes nationales" (national roads) and "routes departementales" (regional roads) which are sometimes very sinuous but most of the time well maintained.
This far much enjoyable than driving on a motorway which is boring.
I went last sommer in the region of Bordeaux and came back in the north of France via another wine region (less famous but really great), l'Anjou near the cities of Saumur and Angers. It was really great especially because this trip allowed me to make the first 2000km on my new 5 serie and at the end of the trip, I was able to have quite some fun!

The only problem I see is that my tires are half weared after 9000km so I try to be less aggressive in my driving now using most of the time the D mode and trying to press very gently the gaz and the brake on long trips to obtain from the AUTOTRANS the Extreme Economy mode. I still have funny times but only when I'm not on a motorway (and of course in the city for security reasons but it goes without saying); this is my rule.

CU and have fun at Xmas time. I recommend you to drive through the "Champ Elys?es" in the evening from the "Porte Maillot" (Ring exit) to the "Place de la Concorde". It is generally crowded but the lightening is quite great to see if you never looked at.

Fred
Old 10-12-2005 | 03:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 11 2005, 09:02 PM

[snapback]183032[/snapback]
I like it ! I think it's cool, nothing wrong with a little fusion east meets west...hehe.

Quick Reply: Neon lamps