E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need Opinions on Rims, Kits, Headlights on e60

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys,

I bought my first bimmer about 2 weeks ago and i'm itchin to get mods for it.
I've been reading the posts on here, bimmerfest, and m5 forums about what to get first.
I was into building hondas back in the day but i've been outta that scene for years now.
Basically i want to get a good idea of what to get for my 07 550i and also keep away from whats wack.

So heres a couple of questions:
1. i definitely want to change the stock headlight bulbs. I've been reading about angel eyes and stuff but not really sure what it is.
Are those just replacement bulbs? or is it a conversion kit? I really like the bright blue halo look.

2. I definitely want to pick an Mtech kit all around. I've seen EuroRev's add. Is that a replica or same as dealer's?
Guys with the Mtech kit, do you still angle when coming out of driveways?

3. Wheels and tires. I'm looking for a set with fat lips or step lips. What are some good brands? some brands to stay away from?
I'm thinkin bout 20s without lowering. Will i need to roll my fenders? I would rather not roll them,
also considering buying a smaller set of tires and stretching across so they wouldnt rub.
Would i need to use the Tire sensors on these? Can i deactivate the tire sensors from idrive?

bimmer specs: 07 550i silver grey, stock 18s
This will also be my daily driver.
Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Contributors

SEARCH button is your friend

these topics have been covered

Congrats on your ride and welcome to the forum
Old 01-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Contributors

OEM 167's staggered M6 offset

Mtech body kit.

Shadowline trim (if you have chrome)

Lower the car with some KT V2 Street comfort coilovers.

For starters.

P.S. - Welcome.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Contributors

Welcome to the forum. For the Angel Eyes, they're replacement bulbs. The M-tech kit from EuroRev are not replicas and are from the dealers. And finally for your last question. The choices are endless. Search the gallery for ideas. I'm sure several vendors will PM you.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

I really like the bright blue halo look.
Still thinkin Honda. Won't get much support here.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by darkboyz68' post='776526' date='Jan 24 2009, 07:26 PM
Hello guys,

I bought my first bimmer about 2 weeks ago and i'm itchin to get mods for it.
I've been reading the posts on here, bimmerfest, and m5 forums about what to get first.
I was into building hondas back in the day but i've been outta that scene for years now.
Basically i want to get a good idea of what to get for my 07 550i and also keep away from whats wack.

So heres a couple of questions:
1. i definitely want to change the stock headlight bulbs. I've been reading about angel eyes and stuff but not really sure what it is.
Are those just replacement bulbs? or is it a conversion kit? I really like the bright blue halo look.

2. I definitely want to pick an Mtech kit all around. I've seen EuroRev's add. Is that a replica or same as dealer's?
Guys with the Mtech kit, do you still angle when coming out of driveways?

3. Wheels and tires. I'm looking for a set with fat lips or step lips. What are some good brands? some brands to stay away from?
I'm thinkin bout 20s without lowering. Will i need to roll my fenders? I would rather not roll them,
also considering buying a smaller set of tires and stretching across so they wouldnt rub.
Would i need to use the Tire sensors on these? Can i deactivate the tire sensors from idrive?

bimmer specs: 07 550i silver grey, stock 18s
This will also be my daily driver.
Your comments will be greatly appreciated.
angel eye is the ring around the headlight.. should be currently yellow. you can change the headlight bulb. Your car will be d1s.

mtech kit from euro rev and trinity is the real oem bumper. same one as dealers. i didnt go after mtech for myself because it is lower than my acs lip kit and i even scrap bottom. but hey it looks good anyway so do it.

if you use proper tire size and offset you wont have to roll fenders. and do not stretch smaller tire. not good for your ride unless you wanna crash your 550 and make it look like beat up 20 year old honda. whenever you replace to aftermarket rims you need to transfer your tmps. i tried to deactivate tpms but didnt work.

also can i buy your 18 if you sell them for cheap price?
Old 01-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i w/ sport package: bone stock :( 2006 Yamaha R-6exy Raven: Fully Loaded Track weapon 2004 Ducati 749 Testaretta: Fully Loaded two other family cars that I dont care to mention, lol!

search, read, search then read!!! and go with what you like! Your driving a German engineered vehicle so 99% of all people hate it when someone mod a euro to look like a ricer. But all in all its your car so do what you want!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Spend time searching through the Gallery, you'll see every imaginable mod , it's a great resource. Living in socal provides tons of good quality aftermarket shops to help you too.GL
Old 01-25-2009, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='776529
Welcome to the forum. For the Angel Eyes, they're replacement bulbs. The M-tech kit from EuroRev are not replicas and are from the dealers. And finally for your last question. The choices are endless. Search the gallery for ideas. I'm sure several vendors will PM you.
Sweet, thats what i thought those were. I thought Angel eyes where a whole headlight conversion kit.

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='776578
angel eye is the ring around the headlight.. should be currently yellow. you can change the headlight bulb. Your car will be d1s.

mtech kit from euro rev and trinity is the real oem bumper. same one as dealers. i didnt go after mtech for myself because it is lower than my acs lip kit and i even scrap bottom. but hey it looks good anyway so do it.

if you use proper tire size and offset you wont have to roll fenders. and do not stretch smaller tire. not good for your ride unless you wanna crash your 550 and make it look like beat up 20 year old honda. whenever you replace to aftermarket rims you need to transfer your tmps. i tried to deactivate tpms but didnt work.

also can i buy your 18 if you sell them for cheap price?
thanks for the input, i was thinkin of holding on to my stocks just in case i find my ride on blocks.