E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need of new mirrors when fitting High Gloss Shadowline?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 05:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

my car is a LCI M-sport model that came from factory with Matt Shadowline instead of High Gloss. My dealer has High Gloss Shadowline on order (have been waiting 8 months for these).. and now my friend said that maybe I need new mirrors with these window lists, so can anyone confirm that there are different part# mirrors that are fitted with High Gloss Shadowline?
Anyways, I will probably ask M5 mirrors for compensation so this wouldn't matter then (but I would still like to know), since they (BMW & BMW Finland) have screwed up many other things (beside waiting High Gloss & M-sport gearknob and a new working CD-player for 8 months now) and I'm very disappointed.. I'm almost ready to file a lawsuit.

Oh well, here is a picture (that I found in this board) of a mirror that looks gloss, mine is just matt black.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow you're going to sue your dealer and ask for M5 mirror compensation just because they cant order you some parts in the time frame you wanted? Thats awesome. can they order me some high gloss trim and compensate me with mirrors?
Old 01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Members

I said: also other things beside those problems I listed. I didn't want to list it all here but here goes: they (BMW service Skopje) ruined my paintwork by polishing (full of swirl marks, had zero before service), they could have had those missing parts in two weeks from Germany if they wanted (like some other user's, can't remember name, dealer from Holland did), they could have ordered correct window lists in my dealer (they ordered same matt lists) so that when I drove my car from Kosovo to Finland (4500km) I wouldn't had to drive and spend a night Helsinki instead of going home. They could have responded from BMW international in a timely manner, but I have yet to receive a respond to the paintwork-matter (I have told them to call me anytime or give some number but they won't.. I don't know where to contact).

Are these enough for you?

I didn't come up with the idea of asking compensation, but when I came from Kosovo and visited my dealer in Helsinki, they said that I could ask compensation from BMW Finland since these facts and that I drove there in vain etc.

Damn I'm pissed off.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Members

Somebody must know the answer for this question?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I've never seen mirrors that are different than what you have ,regardless of trim finish ...........good luck
Old 01-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='517832' date='Jan 14 2008, 09:43 PM
I've never seen mirrors that are different than what you have ,regardless of trim finish ...........good luck
Well the mirror here is obviously the same standard mirror I have but with a black high gloss finish.. and my mirrors are with a matt black finish.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Members

Found it from realoem.com. Indeed there is a need for different mirror part with high gloss shadowline: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=51&fg=10