E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need Mod Advice/Info

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,
New 2004 525i owner needs some mod info. I'm looking at the different matte kidney grills and want to know if anyone has had fitment issues with the offerings from Trinity or Umnitza? Also Umnitza has two different prices of 32.99 and 49.99 if you search different ways on their site, are these indeed different parts and what is the difference? Are there other quality offerings in this price range? The car came with a crack in the lower edge, lower front bumper. I'm looking at some ACS rep lower covers something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em=#vi-content. Do these just glue over the existing bumper, as my lower doesn't appear to be a separate part? Same question on fitment and quality issues, who has used what and how was your experience? Lastly, trunk lip spoiler. I like the ACS style but it looks like it could be trickier to mount than the M-Style which looks to lie flat on the lid and not wrap around the rear? Same question to users on issues, quality, ease of use. I do have some body work skills and will do most of the work myself but don't have a dedicated heated space to pull a car in and endlessly tweak parts that don't fit. Thanks for any guidance and info that you can give me as I just started on this car and am sure to need a lot of help.

-Steve
Old 01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by uroford
Hey Guys,
New 2004 525i owner needs some mod info. I'm looking at the different matte kidney grills and want to know if anyone has had fitment issues with the offerings from Trinity or Umnitza? Also Umnitza has two different prices of 32.99 and 49.99 if you search different ways on their site, are these indeed different parts and what is the difference? Are there other quality offerings in this price range? The car came with a crack in the lower edge, lower front bumper. I'm looking at some ACS rep lower covers something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=#vi-content. Do these just glue over the existing bumper, as my lower doesn't appear to be a separate part? Same question on fitment and quality issues, who has used what and how was your experience? Lastly, trunk lip spoiler. I like the ACS style but it looks like it could be trickier to mount than the M-Style which looks to lie flat on the lid and not wrap around the rear? Same question to users on issues, quality, ease of use. I do have some body work skills and will do most of the work myself but don't have a dedicated heated space to pull a car in and endlessly tweak parts that don't fit. Thanks for any guidance and info that you can give me as I just started on this car and am sure to need a lot of help.

-Steve
Congrats you have the same car as my old 1.
for the Grills I dont know why they have 2 price but the do fit but not as good as the OEM.
I know the guy at Umnitza and the parts they sell are OK and they are helpfull.

for the ACS front body kit, I would not get it if it is PU becasue I have seen the fitment and it is bad, too much gaps.
I had the Fiber glass ACS body kit which fits much better.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by uroford
Hey Guys,
New 2004 525i owner needs some mod info. I'm looking at the different matte kidney grills and want to know if anyone has had fitment issues with the offerings from Trinity or Umnitza? Also Umnitza has two different prices of 32.99 and 49.99 if you search different ways on their site, are these indeed different parts and what is the difference? Are there other quality offerings in this price range? The car came with a crack in the lower edge, lower front bumper. I'm looking at some ACS rep lower covers something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...em=#vi-content. Do these just glue over the existing bumper, as my lower doesn't appear to be a separate part? Same question on fitment and quality issues, who has used what and how was your experience? Lastly, trunk lip spoiler. I like the ACS style but it looks like it could be trickier to mount than the M-Style which looks to lie flat on the lid and not wrap around the rear? Same question to users on issues, quality, ease of use. I do have some body work skills and will do most of the work myself but don't have a dedicated heated space to pull a car in and endlessly tweak parts that don't fit. Thanks for any guidance and info that you can give me as I just started on this car and am sure to need a lot of help.

-Steve
All the grills we carry for the E60 are $49.99.
The $32.99 is for other grills non-E60.

We should have 50 sets of grills in stock tomorrow. They are same as what everyone else carries, just for a lower price with quicker immediate shipping.

We have a trunk spoiler that is factory OEM style - $99 for shipping. It's not yet on the site, but will be there by end of this month when we go with a new site (again).

If you need any help, please let us know!