E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Need help wheel experts!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

Ok, so I've been looking all over the place at everyone's wheel setups but I'm still not 100% positive what I need to do for mine. I have a 10' 535 with Breyton Race-GTS 19". Tires right now are F:235/35/19 R:295/30/19(I know the setup is a little odd but I got the rear tires super cheap off a 911 turbo so couldn't pass it up). Also, looked up offsets for the Breyton wheels; F:+30 R:+35. I want a really agressive look also , so I've been looking at coilovers and lowering springs as well. I cant afford the coilovers at the moment but I'd still like to do the springs for now. So what do you guys think I should go with as far as springs, spacers, and new tires? I've attached two pics, one is how my ride looks now and the other is an example of the look I'm going for. Can you guess which is which? lol TIA

Need help wheel experts!-big.jpgNeed help wheel experts!-4621714365_905dd7c32f_b.jpg
Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Are you sure about your Breyton's offsets? If your car is a RWD and not AWD, the offsets should be more like F:+10 to +20 and R:+18 to +25.
Or then you're running them with spacers.

- Antti -
Old 12-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Alpine white Premium PKG -Two tone cream/beige Dakota leather seat trim -Universal garage door opener -Auto-dimming pwr folding exterior mirrors -Auto-dimming rearview mirror -Illum inner door handles -Illum door storage bins -Front footwell lighting -Rear entry/exit lighting -Additional trunk lighting -LED exterior ground lighting -High Definition Radio -Heated Front Seats DVD-Based Navigation System -Controller w/voice command system -Expanded iDrive system -Real time traffic info

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Are you sure about your Breyton's offsets? If your car is a RWD and not AWD, the offsets should be more like F:+10 to +20 and R:+18 to +25.
Or then you're running them with spacers.

- Antti -
I'm not really sure at all actually lol no clue really as to this wheel stuff. I looked it up and on tirerack.com and thats the info they have on them. I don't know if that's the offsets they actually are, or if those are the corrected offsets the website gives you when you search for the wheel on your specific vehicle, which is what I did. But I do know that I'm definitely not running them with spacers at least lol heres the link from tirerack. It's under the product description tab. Don't know how accurate or reliable the info is though...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by vinnyboii86
I'm not really sure at all actually lol no clue really as to this wheel stuff. I looked it up and on tirerack.com and thats the info they have on them. I don't know if that's the offsets they actually are, or if those are the corrected offsets the website gives you when you search for the wheel on your specific vehicle, which is what I did. But I do know that I'm definitely not running them with spacers at least lol heres the link from tirerack. It's under the product description tab. Don't know how accurate or reliable the info is though...

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
I do see under the "important notes" tab on that link that says to run 18mm spacers. Would that be right? Or is that too much?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Contributors

They really seem to be with those offsets that you mentioned, but Breyton's site advises to use Race GTS wheels with spacers when mounting them on the E60. Here: http://www.breytonwheels.co.uk/site_...tmentguide.pdf

Anyway, you should search for 8.5 to 9 inch wide wheels with offsets of 10 to 20 for front, and 9.5 to 10.5 inch wide wheels with offsets of 20 to 25 for rear. Of course the offsets and widths are tied together when determining what's the most aggressive fitment, so different offset calculators will become handy.

- Antti -

edit: Oh, sorry! You weren't after new wheels. Put spacers to get more aggressive stance.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Members

They really seem to be with those offsets that you mentioned, but Breyton's site advises to use Race GTS wheels with spacers when mounting them on the E60. Here: http://www.breytonwheels.co.uk/site_...tmentguide.pdf

Anyway, you should search for 8.5 to 9 inch wide wheels with offsets of 10 to 20 for front, and 9.5 to 10.5 inch wide wheels with offsets of 20 to 25 for rear. Of course the offsets and widths are tied together when determining what's the most aggressive fitment, so different offset calculators will become handy.

- Antti -

edit: Oh, sorry! You weren't after new wheels. Put spacers to get more aggressive stance.
Great! Thanks for the info Antti! So I guess I'll go 15mm in front and 20mm in the rear with a set of new tires because I'm sure my rears will rub once it's lowered. Oh and would you recommend the H&R springs with 2" drop on rear and front or would that be too much?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Contributors

Usually the published measurements (2" drop for H&R) are compared to a non-sport suspension, so if you have a sport suspension, the drop will be around 1.25".
I personally like a drop where you can just and just put your finger between the tyre and the fender edge.

- Antti -
Old 12-02-2011, 01:31 PM
Members

Usually the published measurements (2" drop for H&R) are compared to a non-sport suspension, so if you have a sport suspension, the drop will be around 1.25".
I personally like a drop where you can just and just put your finger between the tyre and the fender edge.

- Antti -
Well some good news, just got the word i'll be coming into a little extra $$ soon so maybe I'll go ahead and do those coilovers
Thanks again for the insight!