E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My plans for upgrading the standard UK stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers for that Bruce - do you know what the difference is in the signal from the back of the CCC to the signal at the speaker? All I have to go on is the pinout PDF obtained from here so do you know which is the best signal to tap? Front, Rear (both on the 16 pin connector) or "Central Bass" which is on the 12 pin right connector?

Sorry to be a pain but I want to get this right first time as I'll be paying someone to do it!

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by BigAardvaark' post='540018' date='Mar 5 2008, 03:23 PM
Cheers for that Bruce - do you know what the difference is in the signal from the back of the CCC to the signal at the speaker? All I have to go on is the pinout PDF obtained from here so do you know which is the best signal to tap? Front, Rear (both on the 16 pin connector) or "Central Bass" which is on the 12 pin right connector?

Sorry to be a pain but I want to get this right first time as I'll be paying someone to do it!

Cheers,

Ian.
Ian on the back of the CCC there are Line Level out puts that are used to feed the Amp that drive the subs in the Hi-Fi option. I cannot tell you the pin numbers because currently I'm working on a limping PC where I cannot load up my WDS DVD. But hopefully someone else will be able to help. However the easiest option is to take Speaker level outs from the doors or the parcel shelf.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='540047' date='Mar 5 2008, 04:30 PM
Ian on the back of the CCC there are Line Level out puts that are used to feed the Amp that drive the subs in the Hi-Fi option. I cannot tell you the pin numbers because currently I'm working on a limping PC where I cannot load up my WDS DVD. But hopefully someone else will be able to help. However the easiest option is to take Speaker level outs from the doors or the parcel shelf.
Bruce - If there are indeed line level outputs on the back, you've just made my month! Are they still there on my non-hifi car? Can anyone help me out here with the WDS info?
Old 03-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Members

So far I've got 2 PDF's giving me hints at line level output from the back of M-ASK from the 10 pin connector (LVDS (Low Voltage Differential Signalling)) and the descriptions of these are;

Pin 1 - Channel 1 negative terminal
Pin 2 - Channel 1 positive terminal
Pin 3
Pin 4 - Channel 2 negative terminal
Pin 5 - Channel 2 positive terminal
Pin 6 - Channel 0 negative terminal
Pin 7 - Channel 0 positive terminal
Pin 8
Pin 9 - Clock negative terminal
Pin 10- Clock positive terminal

Can anyone shed any light on how I'd go about utilizing these please? I'd much rather use these than already amplified speaker level signals. I've uploaded the PDF's, one was got from here but I renamed it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audio_Telematics.pdf (690.9 KB, 372 views)
File Type: pdf
stereo.pdf (136.2 KB, 450 views)
Old 03-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Members

OK, that 10-pin connector was a wild goose chase, it supplies info to the idrive display.

So far, I'm back to having to use LOC's. As Bruce mentioned, cars with the HiFi amp (US Standard Audio) MUST be outputting a line level signal from somewhere. Could this be coming from the "Central Bass" pins mentioned in the stereo PDF above? If so, is this maybe a full range signal???
Old 03-06-2008, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Just for you, tonight I will take my WDS to a friend and check this out.

But the last time I looked the CCC was the same for standard and HI-FI models. I went for the HI-FI option on my car purely because I could not see myself opening up the car to do the wiring to amp and from amp to speakers. However I've now pulled out the Hi-Fi amp and the speakers and replaced them.

I'm guessing you've not seen http://wds.west.lv/

You will need http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/ to view.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:43 AM
Contributors

OK here goes.

On the CCC there is a plug called X13812 and X13813. The pins you need are

Pin 13 (X13812) for the amp Remote ON.

And on X13813

Pin 10 for the Line Level Left Negative
Pin 3 for the Line Level Left Positive
Pin 9 for the Line Level Right Negative
Pin 4 for the Line Level Right Positive
Old 03-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I laughed when I saw who the starter of this thread was , it was a few years ago but this must have been our old buddy Russ,who's in "self exile"........... Hey Russ , come up for air and give us a laugh mate !!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:25 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='540562' date='Mar 6 2008, 02:43 PM
OK here goes.

On the CCC there is a plug called X13812 and X13813. The pins you need are

Pin 13 (X13812) for the amp Remote ON.

And on X13813

Pin 10 for the Line Level Left Negative
Pin 3 for the Line Level Left Positive
Pin 9 for the Line Level Right Negative
Pin 4 for the Line Level Right Positive

Superb. They're called "central bass" on the PDF I'd found but the pins are the same. My speakers arrived about an hour ago so time to get things started. Will keep you posted. Next time I'm down at the outlaws in Croxley, I'll pop over, buy you a pint and let you have a listen - if it sounds half decent that is!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Contributors

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18298

I still have a brand new set of Earthquake focals for sale. They will replace your door or parcel shelf speakers.

Quick Reply: My plans for upgrading the standard UK stereo