E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My latest Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

+1 keep the black diffuser
Old 01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Contributors

love the cluster and keep it matte black looks great against all that white
Old 01-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

glad to see you decided to keep those wheels and the black diffuser is good to go New mods look good What's next?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 AM
Contributors

I'm with everyone else .. Matte black is the way to go!! Car looks good,
Old 01-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

very nice!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

I like!
Old 01-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

good stuff
Old 01-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by Sparks
Looks good but I think I prefer the white diffuser. I just ordered my M tech kit and I was back and forth on painting the diffuser. I think youR post just helped me make up my mind. Thank you!
Yea man, I felt the same way as to whether or not I was going to paint the diffuser matte or keep it the same color as the rest of the car in the beginning. I say just leave it white for now and buy a CF one later. Trust me tho.. once you start running out of things to do and start seeing the matte black you're gunna want to do it. Keeping it the same color of the car to me was very elegant and clean like... the matte is definitely an eye catcher and screams sporty

Originally Posted by sdg1871
I agree. The black diffuser looks so aggressive on an Alpine White car.
StarFire Pearl... Not alpine white... Check my gallery and you can reference what the color really looks like at dusk. But I took it off the Lexus

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
glad to see you decided to keep those wheels and the black diffuser is good to go New mods look good What's next?
Thanks Gene. As for future mods I def. want to get OEM CF splitters and possibly a Vorstiener hood (painted in the already mentioned areas in prior threads of course) but I just dont want to keep modding here in DC cuz shops here are no where near as knowledgeable and experienced in regards to modding compared to back home in Cali ( no disrespect to the east coast heads...NYC is the exception) . I think I saw a hood that looked almost identical to the Vorsteiner hood for nearly a fraction of the price on Ebay. And for wheels... Well I have been on the search like a mad man but I cant seem to find anything as much as I like the 166's I got right now. I cant imagine the look of my car with deep dishes so Im probably gunna stay away from that. My 1st choice are the Neez QD7 like on Tony's M5..straight sick. ... Buts thats still like a 5-6k modd given if im lucky enough to find a used set. I know theres a dude on here that is selling them or probably have already but he's running m5 tires so thats still more money i gotta spend on new tires....

for now... imma just chill and keep browsing--- THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE KIND WORDS & FEEDBACK
Old 01-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by devildawg712
Yea man, I felt the same way as to whether or not I was going to paint the diffuser matte or keep it the same color as the rest of the car in the beginning. I say just leave it white for now and buy a CF one later. Trust me tho.. once you start running out of things to do and start seeing the matte black you're gunna want to do it. Keeping it the same color of the car to me was very elegant and clean like... the matte is definitely an eye catcher and screams sporty

StarFire Pearl... Not alpine white... Check my gallery and you can reference what the color really looks like at dusk. But I took it off the Lexus

Thanks Gene. As for future mods I def. want to get OEM CF splitters and possibly a Vorstiener hood (painted in the already mentioned areas in prior threads of course) but I just dont want to keep modding here in DC cuz shops here are no where near as knowledgeable and experienced in regards to modding compared to back home in Cali ( no disrespect to the east coast heads...NYC is the exception) . I think I saw a hood that looked almost identical to the Vorsteiner hood for nearly a fraction of the price on Ebay. And for wheels... Well I have been on the search like a mad man but I cant seem to find anything as much as I like the 166's I got right now. I cant imagine the look of my car with deep dishes so Im probably gunna stay away from that. My 1st choice are the Neez QD7 like on Tony's M5..straight sick. ... Buts thats still like a 5-6k modd given if im lucky enough to find a used set. I know theres a dude on here that is selling them or probably have already but he's running m5 tires so thats still more money i gotta spend on new tires....

for now... imma just chill and keep browsing--- THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE KIND WORDS & FEEDBACK
Looks great, especially with the wheels blacked out - really breaks up the white quite well.

Did you change the diffuser yourself? I want to do the same mod but can't find a DIY on how to remove/install the diffuser itself.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 modded the F out

Originally Posted by bloomjbmw
Looks great, especially with the wheels blacked out - really breaks up the white quite well.

Did you change the diffuser yourself? I want to do the same mod but can't find a DIY on how to remove/install the diffuser itself.
Send me your personal Email... or just email me at lcplguinto@yahoo.com and I'll shoot over the DIY that I pulled from the forum. I cant find the original thread with the posting but the one I found was on the money.

JR

Quick Reply: My latest Mods