E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My baby is going under the knief...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e60 m5.

wow. one of a kind. can't wait to see the results.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Senior Members

i liked it how it was...cant wait for the end result tho
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire BLK E60 (2007) + 20" Hartge Classic II + Eisenmann (Race)

Hi ISH,
I've been looking around here for a while, and didn't see much of Thais. Good to see you here, and very surprised to see your ride turning into "White".. Nice work !!
See you on Sunday...
Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 AM
Members

UPDATE 2/20/2008

More picture from the build today, alot had been installed (all the aero parts + hood and trunk should be done by the time of this posting). With a minor set back with QC on some of the part for the front bumper, that had to be repainted.. so the bumper will be fitted tomorrow. The exterior and the roof are being re-buff for any particles stuck to the paint, before being coated with lacqure over again. Its getting there, it will be down to the wire... stay tuned.

PS. See you on Sunday Mr. Top
Attached Thumbnails My baby is going under the knief...-image102.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image105.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image103.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image106.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image112.jpg  

My baby is going under the knief...-image109.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image113.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image114.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image115.jpg   My baby is going under the knief...-image117.jpg  

My baby is going under the knief...-image119.jpg  
Old 02-20-2008, 02:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

What a start on this forum - ISHBU must be the rookie of the year!

I'm deeply impress that you undertake such a big project on such a car as the E60. Good Luck, and I will - along with hoards of other admirers -follow you project with deep respect and a lot of interest!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Nav, Jet Black, natural brown interior, automatic, Logic 7, ipod, lane departure warning.

[quote name='narvselius' date='Feb 20 2008, 06:03 AM' post='533486']

+1

Can you share cost figures for this overhaul? So far looks amazing!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by moschse' post='533501' date='Feb 20 2008, 08:15 PM

+1

Can you share cost figures for this overhaul? So far looks amazing!

Thank you Narvselius and Moschse for the kind comments, I'll be sure to show to post the first picture the day it's finish. But I will post alot of pictures from the event and individual shots on the forum next week

As for the cost figures for this overhaul... it's in the mid "4 figures" US dollar price range (about 6 figures rage in Thai bahts) for the first stage (not include the price for new S54 engine and Gruppe M ram air system, etc. for the second stage) there is an additional cost for the custom made CF vent hood. **note: the labor cost is cheaper here in Thailand, and that I know the paint shop owner.

For me the fun part is the process that I spent about 2-3 hours everyother day (this final week had been everyday) at the shop supervising, and resolving, answering any work crews has. I also hired a Certified BMW technician part-time to consult on this project (help with parts, and keep track/re-order of any broken snap-on clips on the car during the process of taking it apart for painting) although some of the crew at the shop used to be BMW technician as well.. there are alot of tiny details that goes into it, that maybe minimal but can't be overlook to me.

Just can't wait until it's finish...
Old 02-20-2008, 05:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by ISHBU' post='533505' date='Feb 20 2008, 08:53 AM
Thank you Narvselius and Moschse for the kind comments, I'll be sure to show to post the first picture the day it's finish. But I will post alot of pictures from the event and individual shots on the forum next week

As for the cost figures for this overhaul... it's in the mid "4 figures" US dollar price range (about 6 figures rage in Thai bahts) for the first stage (not include the price for new S54 engine and Gruppe M ram air system, etc. for the second stage) there is an additional cost for the custom made CF vent hood. **note: the labor cost is cheaper here in Thailand, and that I know the paint shop owner.

For me the fun part is the process that I spent about 2-3 hours everyother day (this final week had been everyday) at the shop supervising, and resolving, answering any work crews has. I also hired a Certified BMW technician part-time to consult on this project (help with parts, and keep track/re-order of any broken snap-on clips on the car during the process of taking it apart for painting) although some of the crew at the shop used to be BMW technician as well.. there are alot of tiny details that goes into it, that maybe minimal but can't be overlook to me.

Just can't wait until it's finish...

Great looking car Isbhu. Man, If I move to thailand at my Grandma's house, want to hook me up with the car mod's like yours? I wish my car can look as nice as that. =D

Hmmm.. I haven't been to thailand in 10 years... its been so long, how are the roads conditions for the e60's? isn't it impossible to go some places? especially those narrow streets and all those people staring at your car? Btw, are e60's common out there? or are they rare?
Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nigxdoof' post='533507' date='Feb 20 2008, 09:03 PM
Hmmm.. I haven't been to thailand in 10 years... its been so long, how are the roads conditions for the e60's? isn't it impossible to go some places? especially those narrow streets and all those people staring at your car? Btw, are e60's common out there? or are they rare?
The roads are alot better, more open highway (with no speed limits)... there are alot of e60 here, and there is a group of e60 owner that I am a member of. Some of the member put my car to shame... we're having a meeting this sunday, will post some pictures of their car at the event.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by ISHBU' post='533573' date='Feb 20 2008, 12:47 PM
The roads are alot better, more open highway (with no speed limits)... there are alot of e60 here, and there is a group of e60 owner that I am a member of. Some of the member put my car to shame... we're having a meeting this sunday, will post some pictures of their car at the event.

sounds great.

Btw, are you thai too?

Hmmm I wonder if and when I visit, you guys should hold a meet and I can tag along. =D hahah.

Quick Reply: My baby is going under the knief...