E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My baby is going under the knief...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by snikt21' post='531961' date='Feb 15 2008, 06:38 PM
Anyhow, ISHBU, welcome to this forum.
+1. enjoy
Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Members

Thanks for the warm welcome... sorry I wasn't cleared about the first picture. That was a picture of my car before it was sent to the current visit to the shop... anyhow, here are the most recent update pictures of the car as it got brought out for some sun There are more work to do, about one week worth of it.. all the work on other parts are almost 90% done, putting everything back should take a few days... the end results coming soon.

PS. sorry for the poor picture quarlity, I use the camera phone to document these pictures.. once it's done I'll use a proper camera.

More pictures:

My baby is going under the knief...-image062.jpg
My baby is going under the knief...-image072.jpg
My baby is going under the knief...-image073.jpg
My baby is going under the knief...-image075.jpg
My baby is going under the knief...-image076.jpg
My baby is going under the knief...-image077.jpg
Attached Thumbnails My baby is going under the knief...-image077.jpg  
Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60

Hello...

On the first pic it looks already very impressive, but you are "building" a new car men... respect!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Looks like a serious "project!" Just don't tell me you are going to paint the hood and trunk black! If you do, just add some police lights to the roof and a siren, and you'll be all set for the academy.

Good luck with whatever you are doing.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

looks like he's repainting to alpine white with a carbon look-alike roof - maybe he's getting a V10 installed in the process !

what a job though ! good luck with the project !
Old 02-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Members

Thanks for the comment boys, I'll be sure to post the "first stage" of the finish product. Due to the up coming E60 event, so a few modifications I had plan would not be possible. The parts will not arrive, and not being able to be fitted in time for the event. Here's the break down of what's being done this time:

Stage 1

- Body/Chassis repaints to Custom White (not Alpine white, extracting about 5% yellow out of the mixer code) black roof
- Engine cover repaints
- Custom Vorstiner Style Vented Hood
- Interior trim repaint to Same white as exterior (Steering wheel trim, gear lever, gear shift base)
- Wheels repaint to Custom Matte Gunmetal Grey

Stage 2

- Installing E46 M3 (S54) Engine
- Grouppe M Air Filter
- Installing Carbon Fiber roof

More info/pictures to come
Old 02-16-2008, 11:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

awesome!Goodluck with your rebuilt project and welcome to the forum!

btw, how do you get your facelift headlight and taillight work? I bet you had cheaper retrofit kit in thailand than in here.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='532280' date='Feb 17 2008, 09:58 AM
btw, how do you get your facelift headlight and taillight work? I bet you had cheaper retrofit kit in thailand than in here.
keith, if you change, code and program a new Light module and install the new retrofit cable loom - they go on easily. I'm in the process myself...
Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='532280' date='Feb 17 2008, 03:58 PM
awesome!Goodluck with your rebuilt project and welcome to the forum!

The headlight and the tailight needed the new "brain" for the headlight unit, as well as the new wirings that linking the new headlights to the car. At first only the headlight and the tail light arrived, since I got them very early on (first set in Thailand). So alot of OEM parts werent avalible yet, we had to custom the comparable wiring and use the E66 headlight "brain" unit to get the xenon working, and that the warning light won't come on on the display. It work fine but it had alittle problem with flicking the highbeam when the head light is off... and that the light indicator kept blinking by the light switch. It was all a quick fixed with the proper wires, and the nessesary parts. The total cost for it (OEM front and back lights + wiring parts etc.) came to about ~110,000~ Thai Baht (about ~3,300~ US dollars) included installation, hope it helped
Old 02-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Originally Posted by andy545' post='532287
The headlight and the tailight needed the new "brain" for the headlight unit, as well as the new wirings that linking the new headlights to the car. At first only the headlight and the tail light arrived, since I got them very early on (first set in Thailand). So alot of OEM parts werent avalible yet, we had to custom the comparable wiring and use the E66 headlight "brain" unit to get the xenon working, and that the warning light won't come on on the display. It work fine but it had alittle problem with flicking the highbeam when the head light is off... and that the light indicator kept blinking by the light switch. It was all a quick fixed with the proper wires, and the nessesary parts. The total cost for it (OEM front and back lights + wiring parts etc.) came to about ~110,000~ Thai Baht (about ~3,300~ US dollars) included installation, hope it helped
Thanks for the info guys

Quick Reply: My baby is going under the knief...