E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My Authentic ACS SPoiler from Trinity Auto Sport

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Looks very very nice... Trinity Rocks!

Tonymac
Old 08-15-2008, 12:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Sweet!!! There's something about the ACS spoiler and the E60's ass that just seems so....right lol. Joe is both a gentlemen and great businessman. Both he and Nerweezy are attentive, knowledgeable, and definately understand the importance of great customer service. Can't say enough about those guys (OK OK - ass kissing is over now. Sheesh lol)
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 AM
Senior Members

Looking good, congrats
Old 08-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530i (Model 2005)

Originally Posted by troybal' post='646944' date='Aug 15 2008, 02:17 AM
All,

I placed an order from R1Racer from Trinity Autosport for a authentic ACS trunk spoiler. I requested that it also be painted to match the color of my BMW.
Hi guy, nice car.
I like your rims.
Which size do you drive?
Which rims are these?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i Black Sapphire, Sports Package, Premium Package, Anthracite Headliner, VMR 714 20x8.5 wheels, Moonroof, StoneX, Xenons, Heated Seats, Sirius, IPOD/USB, Chrome Valentine One!

Originally Posted by Hifi-Man' post='647233' date='Aug 15 2008, 07:09 AM
Hi guy, nice car.
I like your rims.
Which size do you drive?
Which rims are these?
These are 20" rims, V714's from Velocity Motoring.

And yes Joe the Springs are on, and they are great as well. The ride is still smooth and it looks great.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by troybal' post='646944' date='Aug 14 2008, 07:17 PM
All,

I placed an order from R1Racer from Trinity Autosport for a authentic ACS trunk spoiler. I requested that it also be painted to match the color of my BMW.

R1Racer kept me informed throughout the process with an email every few days or so. He also inspected the painted product and noticed a small white line about 1 inch long. Seemed like a white hair, I could not notice it with the pictures he sent. Anyway, he took it upon himself to send it back to the paintshop and get it correctd. This was about a 2 day delay in getting it shipped however I was ok with it, as I rather him catch it then me when it got to me. Great job

When I received the Spoiler it was in great shape and the color matched perfectly, it was really packed nice for the long haul. As soon as I got it I installed it that night. Due to rain and me working the night shift I did not drive the vehicle for 5 days lol so it had plenty of time to bond.
So with that said and after a quick wash, here are some pics.

With the install, a little tape to keep it down, however I do not think it was really needed.
Attachment 56992

Thanks to R1Racer and www.trinityautosport.com !!!!

PS. I took this opportunity to debadge as well! Looks good, or so I think

Question about this spoiler.. Now obviously its hands-down the best looking spoiler for a BMW. Having said that, it comes with a hefty price tag of roughly $700+ (primed, no paint). It looks like it is glued with I'm guessing 3M tape to hold it down. Do you have air gaps in there? Will water not effect the strength of the bond or are you using something else? If you're using tape, how does it sit perfectly flush?

I'd just be afraid that if anyone decided to lean on your car it would come right off or weaken the bond significantly due to the 45 degree angle the spoiler rests on. Also, automatic car washes would be history, (not that I use them, but for those that do).
Old 08-15-2008, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='647299' date='Aug 15 2008, 09:43 AM
Question about this spoiler.. Now obviously its hands-down the best looking spoiler for a BMW. Having said that, it comes with a hefty price tag of roughly $700+ (primed, no paint). It looks like it is glued with I'm guessing 3M tape to hold it down. Do you have air gaps in there? Will water not effect the strength of the bond or are you using something else? If you're using tape, how does it sit perfectly flush.

I'd just be afraid that if anyone decided to lean on your car it would come right off or weaken the bond significantly due to the 45 degree angle the spoiler rests on.
good questions.. curious to find some answers
Old 08-15-2008, 06:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528i Black Sapphire, Sports Package, Premium Package, Anthracite Headliner, VMR 714 20x8.5 wheels, Moonroof, StoneX, Xenons, Heated Seats, Sirius, IPOD/USB, Chrome Valentine One!

I can answer some of that.

First of all the spoiler is a perfect fit, you do not have to worry if it is centered, or moving it to the right or left, or even up or down. Seriously fits like a puzzle.

Joe sent a kit along with my spoiler that consists of a tube of adhesive. (it may come from ACS, I am not sure).
I used about 90% of this adhesive, I had to prepare the spoiler using sandpaper (included) on the bottom of the spoiler.

Then cleaned the bottom with a solution(provided) as well as clean the trunk lid as well.

Then I placed this adhesive all over the underside of the spoiler, actually staying away from the edges as I know there would be spillover and I would have to clean it up. There is definitely enough adhesive.
When placing the spoiler with the adhesive on the trunk lid it is a tight fit, a little pressure and you can then pretty much let it go. I did not, I held it in place for about 2 min then I taped it. But it literally stuck to the trunk lid and did not sag etc... So it is some hefty adhesive.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Contributors

slap on a roof spoiler!
great pics.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

CLEAN!

Quick Reply: My Authentic ACS SPoiler from Trinity Auto Sport