E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My 2004 545I Project/Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings everybody,

Quick background about me:

Im 21 years old, been a bmw fan all my life ( got it from my dad i guess lol ), previously owned a e36 325I (still hanging in there ), e39 540iA sport ( RIP, totaled in an accident caused by a third party ), month old to me 2004 545I sport that just hit 80k miles. Worked as a mechanic with my dad when i was younger, love DIY projects, and always wanting to meet other fellow members and fans. Im from the chicago area, i havent yet seen any other e60s around here that look like they would be on this forum but shout out if you guys are.

My car:
2004 545I sport, i have those sports/comfort seats ( really cool btw love them! ) silver ( i believe its like a titanium silver). Currently all stock but only for another week or so.

I just got all my mods in yesterday which include,
M5 front bumper
M5 side skirts
M-tech rear bumper
Ice xxx white angel eyes
white led license plate lights
xenon fog lights kit
(should be installing all of them next week )

Future mods i will be doing to my car ( planning by mid summer )
front lip ( hartage, thinking of leaving it carbon fiber or painting? )
rear diffuser with quad exhaust cut outs
quad exhaust.. ( im thinking of just doing a muffler delete and running extra pipes for a quad exhaust with tips, i am not sure if this is a good idea or not due to back pressure loss and power loss? if you guys have any input on that that would be great, i dont really want to drop a couple of grand for a quad exhaust )
interior trim wrap ( carbon fiber )
carbon fiber emblems all around
roof spoiler and acs trunk spoiler
20" rims with lip and rolling fenders
rpi scoop
charcoal filter delete
H&R springs for a little drop

of course a thread is nothing without pictures so as soon as i get off work and get home ill take pictures of the beast and of the new mods and post them up.

I love criticism and contributions so you guys let me know what you think of my plans or if i should do something else or shouldnt do something.

Cheers
Old 04-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got yourself a healthy list of stuff/mods to do......nice! Welcome to the forums buddy. Enjoy your 545!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Contributors

Welcome. Sounds like you got it all figured out.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d Chip tuning m sport package sport suspension 20" Vertini wheels carbon fiber ipod kit led interior light led angel eyes led side markers

Yep, a lot of studying done in advance, right? Happy modding!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Members

I spend a lot of time reading on this forum just never posted until now, I would be lost if I didn't spend so much time here lol
Thanks for the warm welcomes

Edit: btw does anyone know if I do a muffler delete, would that couse power loss? Or wouldn't make any diffrence at all?
Old 04-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Contributors

I went with quads on my old 545i. Pretty much a straight through system. All resonators removed. Didn't notice the difference in power loss. Even if it did, it'll probably be a few hp. But the sound it made.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Members

Haha I can't wait then! I heard some sound clips online and that was enough to convince me, I cant wait to actually hear it right infront of me
Old 04-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d Chip tuning m sport package sport suspension 20" Vertini wheels carbon fiber ipod kit led interior light led angel eyes led side markers

I just soldered the AC Schnitzer tips on my original muffler. This is off course because my car is a Diesel (companycar) and a sportexhaust just sounds bad on diesels.....
Old 04-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Welcome to the E60 community! I'm impressed with your lineup of past BMWs. You'll have fun modding this E60. You seem like a smart kid (joined this forum and did your research beforehand). I love that list of mods you have planned; well done!

Be sure to post pics, even if your car is stock at the moment. Before and after comparisons are always fun.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.

Quick Reply: My 2004 545I Project/Introduction