E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

My 160mph run to vegas

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 05:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by .:reza:.' post='753492' date='Dec 27 2008, 07:24 AM
what's the big deal about driving in a straight line?

you won't do nothing when some turns are involved.

Here we go again with "driving in a straight line." I wouldn't knock going 160 in a straight line unless you've done it yourself. I have to agree though that doing so with low tire pressure is plain crazy.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At that speed it takes a fraction of a second to kiss your life good bye....stupid, stupid, stupid. I hope you're single and have no kids.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Wow. In all the fatherly "advice" being spewed, nobody mentioned how lame the video was. I would've preferred to here the engine than that awful song.

Go do it again and work on your cinematography and soundtrack! And check your air pressure!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by .:reza:.' post='753492' date='Dec 27 2008, 07:24 AM
what's the big deal about driving in a straight line?

you won't do nothing when some turns are involved.

some deer could jump out in the middle of the highway

happened to my friend once on I-85 , the front of the car was ruined
Old 12-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by ssibaroma' post='753580' date='Dec 27 2008, 11:24 AM

I don't think if that happened going 160 that anyone would be concerned with the front of the car...

All in all yes, it is cool that you are able to test out top speeds of our driving machines, but I think most people here just want each other to be safe. Most of us drive a little reckless from time to time and it doesnt take going 160 to be reckless. Just be safe out there guys. Dont forget about the kid who was in the M5 that flew off that runway about a year ago. He was a regular on one of these sites, maybe not this one. But we did talk about it. Posts like this will always get attention and alot of us are envious we cant go 160. But its just not safe on our public roads.

Video was kinda sorry, .

I'll watch it again if you post a new one but I will also tell you you're crazy. Im kinda sick like that.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by ssibaroma' post='753580' date='Dec 27 2008, 09:24 AM

it's the 15N...high desert, winter, and at night...doubt you'll find any deers there....or any animals for that matter....
Old 12-27-2008, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Looks fun! You should have that thing shipped out to (back) Deutschland and give it a go on the A9 Autobahn. It heads (basically) north and south and form my years of German driving experience has the least amount of 'enforced speed limit' areas. Super fun in the right car.

Yes, I don't know about other members, but I can honestly admit to having been pulled over on the Autobahn twice. Damn geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung!!

EDIT: Some of these replies are making me laugh, I can just feel some of your palms sweating. HA!!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='753609' date='Dec 27 2008, 07:08 PM
Looks fun! You should have that thing shipped out to (back) Deutschland and give it a go on the A9 Autobahn. It heads (basically) north and south and form my years of German driving experience has the least amount of 'enforced speed limit' areas. Super fun in the right car.

Yes, I don't know about other members, but I can honestly admit to having been pulled over on the Autobahn twice. Damn geschwindigkeitsbegrenzung!!

EDIT: Some of these replies are making me laugh, I can just feel some of your palms sweating. HA!!
Ok you beat it out of me... I was speeding a lil and this clk 55 get's beside me so I slap it in sport and take off. The guy accepts and we are going at it... He has to get behind me because of traffic or I would have seen his tail lights disappear. After we get clear of the traffic, an older model 7 series get's behind us. We are going like 135 right about now and my exit is coming up. I get off and they follow. So we start going again... At about 120MPH the 7 series turns his lights on and pulls the Merc over... I was like, woah... It was an under cover but I really lucked out on that one... I bet the other driver had a bad day.

Tonymac
Old 12-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Contributors

I was driving from Muenchen back to Berlin a couple months ago and was pulled over for a 'routine check'. They had to verify my residency and driving license. That was one of the times I was pulled over - I was not given a ticket as the stop was random.

The first time I was pulled over was coming back to Berlin from Koln and Frankfurt, I rented a Mini Cooper (6mt) and got caught doing a horrific 90KPH in a 60 zone.

The Polizei has his 'bitte folgen' light on and took me off to a service road. There we parked next to a van and the officer asked me to follow him to the van. Meanwhile the friend I had with me could not stop laughing. They took me in the van, whick was outfitted with a desk and waiting chars...it was interesting.

Long story short, they showed me pictures of me speeding past not one, but two speed cameras mounted right above the speed limit sign. I had to pay €99 on the spot and it was over. (Und ja, Sie konnen mit kreditkarte zahlen) Luckily I got no point on my record, at least not yet. That was in early 2007.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='753644' date='Dec 27 2008, 08:19 PM
I was driving from Muenchen back to Berlin a couple months ago and was pulled over for a 'routine check'. They had to verify my residency and driving license. That was one of the times I was pulled over - I was not given a ticket as the stop was random.

The first time I was pulled over was coming back to Berlin from Koln and Frankfurt, I rented a Mini Cooper (6mt) and got caught doing a horrific 90KPH in a 60 zone.

The Polizei has his 'bitte folgen' light on and took me off to a service road. There we parked next to a van and the officer asked me to follow him to the van. Meanwhile the friend I had with me could not stop laughing. They took me in the van, whick was outfitted with a desk and waiting chars...it was interesting.

Long story short, they showed me pictures of me speeding past not one, but two speed cameras mounted right above the speed limit sign. I had to pay ?99 and it was over. Luckily I got no point on my record, at least not yet. That was in early 2007.

I'll tell you... There is nothing like being pulled over in Germany...

Tonymac

Quick Reply: My 160mph run to vegas